Get your very own personalised THE EXEC LOUNGE gifts!
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 203

Thread: Cammy bell

  1. #41
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    4,781
    Still not overly fussed at losing Bell.
    Massively overrated. Take away his penalty saves and he's bang average.

    If there's any cash on offer and a wage freed up (probably one of, if not the top earner) we should take it.
    Mehmet looked good and I'm really excited by Harry Lewis. He's a massive prospect. He's played first team games and recently signed a new deal at saints.
    You don't get that opportunity there if you're pish IMO.

    I don't think Bell will be here much longer.
    Ray maybe doesn't know if Killie have been in contact, I'd doubt he carries out transfer negotiations. That will likely be done by Thompson.
    on the other side of the coin, maybe Bell has come to Ray and said he wants to go, hence Ray signing the keepers. Preparing for the inevitable.

    Imagine Bell doesnt go til the final day and then we are scrambling around looking for keepers? Meltdown.

  2. #42
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    12,680
    I only post what I know first hand, sorry that seems to infuriate a fair few on here who said it was sh1te and a non story

    Chin up lads

  3. #43
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    1,813
    Quote Originally Posted by SmedDUm View Post
    Have to correct you there Male Horned Sheep MCMLXXI.

    Middle East Gentleman From Late Sixties North Eastern Housing Scheme Which Failed Due To Skarne Development Based On A Successful Swedish Model Not Working And Now Subject To Modern Regeneration Which Won't Succeed Either And Will Revert Back To The Sixties Skarne Model In The Thirties.
    Smeds, many thanks. I am indebted to your keen observation and attention to detail. I try my best but realise I have limitations. It is good that I have those like yourself who are keen to prop up my otherwise insufficient offerings with their extended abilities.

  4. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by arab_plumber View Post
    I only post what I know first hand, sorry that seems to infuriate a fair few on here who said it was sh1te and a non story

    Chin up lads
    Class lol

  5. #45
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    8,347
    Quote Originally Posted by RAM1971 View Post
    Smeds, many thanks. I am indebted to your keen observation and attention to detail. I try my best but realise I have limitations. It is good that I have those like yourself who are keen to prop up my otherwise insufficient offerings with their extended abilities.

    Theres a touch of the 'Cyril Fletchers' about the Male Hollow Horned Ruminant, but he adds a welcome touch of class to proceedings!

  6. #46
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    8,347
    Quote Originally Posted by arab_plumber View Post
    I only post what I know first hand, sorry that seems to infuriate a fair few on here who said it was sh1te and a non story

    Chin up lads
    Touché Plummy!

  7. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by RAM1971 View Post
    Smeds, many thanks. I am indebted to your keen observation and attention to detail. I try my best but realise I have limitations. It is good that I have those like yourself who are keen to prop up my otherwise insufficient offerings with their extended abilities.
    Ram, fast becoming best poster on here.

  8. #48
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    1,813
    Quote Originally Posted by offshore_arab83 View Post
    Ram, fast becoming best poster on here.

    Many thanks Marine Underscore Middle Eastern Subject Four Score plus Three my good friend. Speed was never one of my main attributes, except when I was running away from a fight, so to hear that I can be swift in other areas on my life is indeed welcome.

    I try to value each and every fellow Shed (aka Arabs to most others), affording them due respect irrespective of their opinions. We all need each other and we do need to echo the sentiment 'We are United' (despite our differences) as we share our common bond to Dundee United Football Club.

    The other day I yet again heard a supporter of Scotland's second newest senior football club, chant the slogan 'We are the people!' Seeking an understanding of what is actually meant by this slogan (I have heard it so many times but still remain oblivious to a proper interpretation of the statement), I asked this rather vociferous person (after he had calmed down) to please enlighten me. I was met with a (the usual) blank gaze as his mind attempted mental gymnastics to come up with an understanding (again the usual). Eventually it was explained to me..'Cos we are the people. The PEOPLE!' Before I could probe further in my bid for enlightenment, he added 'And ye cannae take that away from us!'

    I for one, certainly have no wish to relieve anyone of anything that I have no understanding in. The degree of clarity in his response indicated to me that it must be that this specialist brand of football supporter alone knows the meaning of the slogan and that it is something which cannot be communicated to supporters of other clubs? I thanked myself for supporting DUFC, for although we might not always live up to our own slogan, 'We are United,' at least the meaning is clear and communicable.

  9. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by RAM1971 View Post
    Many thanks Marine Underscore Middle Eastern Subject Four Score plus Three my good friend. Speed was never one of my main attributes, except when I was running away from a fight, so to hear that I can be swift in other areas on my life is indeed welcome.

    I try to value each and every fellow Shed (aka Arabs to most others), affording them due respect irrespective of their opinions. We all need each other and we do need to echo the sentiment 'We are United' (despite our differences) as we share our common bond to Dundee United Football Club.

    The other day I yet again heard a supporter of Scotland's second newest senior football club, chant the slogan 'We are the people!' Seeking an understanding of what is actually meant by this slogan (I have heard it so many times but still remain oblivious to a proper interpretation of the statement), I asked this rather vociferous person (after he had calmed down) to please enlighten me. I was met with a (the usual) blank gaze as his mind attempted mental gymnastics to come up with an understanding (again the usual). Eventually it was explained to me..'Cos we are the people. The PEOPLE!' Before I could probe further in my bid for enlightenment, he added 'And ye cannae take that away from us!'

    I for one, certainly have no wish to relieve anyone of anything that I have no understanding in. The degree of clarity in his response indicated to me that it must be that this specialist brand of football supporter alone knows the meaning of the slogan and that it is something which cannot be communicated to supporters of other clubs? I thanked myself for supporting DUFC, for although we might not always live up to our own slogan, 'We are United,' at least the meaning is clear and communicable.
    Quite sublime...

  10. #50
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    2,778
    Bang average? Really? Some folk need to be careful what they wish for sometimes. Mehmet couldnae get a game for Port Vale or Falkirk yet boys are happy with him over Bell? Hopefully Lewis is as good as his potential makes him.

  11. #51
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    12,848
    Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    Bang average? Really? Some folk need to be careful what they wish for sometimes. Mehmet couldnae get a game for Port Vale or Falkirk yet boys are happy with him over Bell? Hopefully Lewis is as good as his potential makes him.
    Well done for spotting the Port Vale supporters take on Mehmet,an 11 page thread which did go way off topic but the bottom line is very few if any wanted him kept on for this season.I am not meaning to be negative but of all the keepers out of contract in the UK why did we have to go for one who is being partially held responsible for relegating his team in his 1st ever gig as a NO1?.
    According to Vale fans his kicking is brutal,he is dodgy at cross balls and his shot stopping is poor,phuck only know's which games the head of football operation's watched him in.

  12. #52
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    2,778
    Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    Well done for spotting the Port Vale supporters take on Mehmet,an 11 page thread which did go way off topic but the bottom line is very few if any wanted him kept on for this season.I am not meaning to be negative but of all the keepers out of contract in the UK why did we have to go for one who is being partially held responsible for relegating his team in his 1st ever gig as a NO1?.
    According to Vale fans his kicking is brutal,he is dodgy at cross balls and his shot stopping is poor,phuck only know's which games the head of football operation's watched him in.
    Exactly. Worst goalkeeper they have ever seen was one of the comments. Can't believe people aren't fussed at losing Bell. Okay he made a couple of errors, who doesn't, but he was a confident goalkeeper and a great shot stopper. U always knew despite our poor back 4 that u were still in with a chance with Bell in the goals.

  13. #53
    He never had a huge amount to do but Lewis was very confident last night. Made a great block at one point and kicked with both feet.

  14. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    Exactly. Worst goalkeeper they have ever seen was one of the comments. Can't believe people aren't fussed at losing Bell. Okay he made a couple of errors, who doesn't, but he was a confident goalkeeper and a great shot stopper. U always knew despite our poor back 4 that u were still in with a chance with Bell in the goals.
    Totally agree, comments about Bell on here are ridic! Slagging one of the best keepers we've had in a good few years yet some wont say a bad word about the manager or the chairman, mental!

  15. #55
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    5,129
    Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    Well done for spotting the Port Vale supporters take on Mehmet,an 11 page thread which did go way off topic but the bottom line is very few if any wanted him kept on for this season.I am not meaning to be negative but of all the keepers out of contract in the UK why did we have to go for one who is being partially held responsible for relegating his team in his 1st ever gig as a NO1?.
    According to Vale fans his kicking is brutal,he is dodgy at cross balls and his shot stopping is poor,phuck only know's which games the head of football operation's watched him in.
    What would Celtic fans have been thinking reading posts on here before Armstrong went?
    The highest praise he got from one persistent poster on here was he played 'one good game in six'.
    After a bad game in Plum's eyes it was 'one good game in eight'.
    So Port Vale supporters are giving Mehmet the send-off, 'he's sh1te', cos he's away.
    Similar to current posts saying Bell's not that good & won't be missed. Because he's going.
    When he arrived he was rightly lauded by everyone. But have a pop at him cos he's leaving.

    For what it's worth my highest praise for Cammy Bell is of our last ten goalies he is # 4.
    And our current goalkeeping position is strengthened.
    Last edited by TerryTheTerror; 20-07-2017 at 09:09 AM.

  16. #56
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    3,296
    Always liked Bell. We should be playing hardball with any team that wants him. What would we get for him? No more than £50k from a West Coast team that aren't the ugly sisters.

    We've signed two 1st team goalies though so why is he still with us? Is he really injured? If so would this injury make him fail his medical at another team?

  17. #57
    Quote Originally Posted by offshore_arab83 View Post
    Totally agree, comments about Bell on here are ridic! Slagging one of the best keepers we've had in a good few years yet some wont say a bad word about the manager or the chairman, mental!
    Who has done this? I'm not sure there is anyone who doesn't agree it would be better if ST left and someone else took over.
    Last edited by TerryTheTerror; 20-07-2017 at 09:11 AM.

  18. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    Who has done this? I'm not sure there is anyone who doesn't agree it would be better if ST left and someone else took over.
    I beg to differ, plenty on here cannot hear a bad word said about ST or Ray, anyway we're going off topic here...

  19. #59
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    2,778
    Quote Originally Posted by SmedDUm View Post
    What would Celtic fans have been thinking reading posts on here before Armstrong went?
    The highest praise he got from one persistent poster on here was he played 'one good game in six'.
    After a bad game in Plum's eyes it was 'one good game in eight'.
    So Port Vale supporters are giving Mehmet the send-off, 'he's sh1te', cos he's away.
    Similar to current posts saying Bell's not that good & won't be missed. Because he's going.
    When he arrived he was rightly lauded by everyone. But have a pop at him cos he's leaving.

    For what it's worth my highest praise for Cammy Bell is of our last ten goalies he is # 4.
    And our current goalkeeping position is strengthened.
    Unable to secure the no. 1 jersey at Port Vale, Falkirk and unsuccessful trials at Luton, Leyton Orient & Plymouth would suggest he's not up to much tbh.

  20. #60
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1,775
    Canny saved us lots of times last season. He is at least SPL standard (so sadly above level we are at at minute). Would be madness to think we let him go.

    Lewis seems good and comes with a great pedigree, I'd think he must be preferable to mehmet. Don't know why we have signed mehmet unless cammy is long term injured or off. Mehmet strikes me as potential bomb scare - at least Zwick won't be playing again!!

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •