+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Cammy bell

Quote Originally Posted by darrenshedtastic View Post
    well either Ray has panicked and went and got replacement keepers before bell is leaving or hes lying about having heard no contact for him.
    why bring in two keepers in the space of a week (even if one is only on loan) if bell isnt leaving? with the budget restrictions already in place why spend a wage on a keeper when you could go and get another player on that wage? it doesnt add up to me. either bell is leaving its just not been finalised yet and ray is lying or he panicked and signed players incase bell did leave and he hasnt.

if bell does stay then whats the point in having two backup keepers. clearly bell will still be no.1
    Great post darren,now if you were to ask me who i trust between DUFC and the Plumber the middle eastern sanitary technician win's hand's doon,FACT.The keepers have been signed because Bell has said he's away but it look's to me like McCulloch has just noticed Killie are mince and he need's every area of the pitch strengthened bar his keeper's.

It would not surprise me if we have asked for a nominal fee maybe 30-40K but Killie want him for nothing and that is the stumbling block,that is where your provincial clubs are in Scotland in 2017 i'm afraid,there was more money in the game in the 1980's,FACT.

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    It would not surprise me if we have asked for a nominal fee maybe 30-40K but Killie want him for nothing and that is the stumbling block,that is where your provincial clubs are in Scotland in 2017 i'm afraid,there was more money in the game in the 1980's,FACT.
    That's precisely my take on it Gunny....they want him...he wants to go, and United and Killie are waiting the Go-betweens to haggle terms suitable.
    Theres no reason on Gods green planet that we would have signed the keepers without something going on with Bell. United playing hard ball (for a cheenge).

The usual smarmites may scoff but Plummy is right that Bell will be goine......might not be Killie but he will be gone as a value added asset.
    Last edited by deebuster; 18-07-2017 at 05:04 PM.

Bell spent most of last season playing with an injury after being injured for the whole season with Rangers the year before. Good shout having two half-decent keepers as back up if you ask me.

Phuck sake. We had 3 inexperienced keepers and everyone correctly puts that down as one of the main reasons we were relegated... we then go and 3 goalies that are all potential number 1s and its moan moan moan again.

Its maybe the injury thats holding things up. The Killie doctor is maybe working overtime to see if Cammy is worth the gamble.

Quote Originally Posted by arab_pat View Post
    I don't really see the issue, we aren't paying Lewis, Southampton are. If cammy stays he'll remain as first choice with Lewis as backup until January when he'll go back to Southampton. If he goes, Lewis will stay as first choice all season. Ether way we aren't paying all three their wages so what's the difference
    Are southampton paying for lewis though?

The Plumber posted that Bell is away not because he had insider information but because he is of the assumption if we have a sellable asset they'll be gone, so if he goes can we please not have a "Plumber kens" thread.

Ta.

Where has he gone anyway?

Bigger fish to fry with Fans United?

Mon mate. Missing your optimism.

Quote Originally Posted by BudMill90 View Post
    Bell spent most of last season playing with an injury after being injured for the whole season with Rangers the year before. Good shout having two half-decent keepers as back up if you ask me.

Phuck sake. We had 3 inexperienced keepers and everyone correctly puts that down as one of the main reasons we were relegated... we then go and 3 goalies that are all potential number 1s and its moan moan moan again.
    Is the turk a number 1 though?

Quote Originally Posted by Chick A Saw View Post
    Its maybe the injury thats holding things up. The Killie doctor is maybe working overtime to see if Cammy is worth the gamble.
    if memory serves me correct, we sent Conway and Swanson to the killie doctors as ours was no good and both were correctly diagnosed, if there is an issue with Bell, the Killie guys the man for him...

Quote Originally Posted by BudMill90 View Post

In our current financial climate do you honestly think we can carry 3 goalie's who all think they are worth the NO1 shirt,c'mon tae phuck.

Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)