+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Fans Forum 4th August

But it's all about the negotiation, Rod. No one realistically thinks that we can keep Brooks for the long term - that, sadly, is the way of the world. But by coming out and being so negative from the outset, it shows others teams that we're happy to sell him and encourages them to make a derisory bid, which will probably be accepted because 'we can't stand in his way'.

Quote Originally Posted by Carpe_diem View Post
    Great. That really helped the football club, didn't it.

Mr McCabe could have just accepted the relegation without a fight but that not his way, nor mine to be honest.
    It's obvious to me you don't read the annual accounts.....the money (in stages) helped finance the club.
    Without it we could have gone under mate......loans were taken out against the stage payments.

And why was the club in financial disarray? Who funded the signings that Robson made, after relegation - with money that might have kept us up the year before (West Ham's cheating wasn't the sole reason for our relegation).

I'm not going to doff my cap to a man who made his own financial bed - and that of the club - due in part to his own poor decisions, and who then had to sue another football club in order to make sure that he didn't have to shovel more of his own money in. What have we got to show for it? We sell off our best players as soon as any club higher placed than us comes in for them, without so much as a whimper. We don't own our ground, or our academy. We've just spent SIX YEARS in the third tier. If we'd been in financial dire straits, it might have made McCabe swallow his pride sooner and sell the club to someone else - someone who might have a bit more ambition, a bit more savvy and a bit more of a chance of making things right. As it is, we've been on a downward spiral since we were relegated (until last season - where let's be honest, it was completely down to Tufty and Knilly, not McCabe), and £20m that 'kept the club afloat' doesn't change that.

Quote Originally Posted by rodcurrie View Post
    When we were on or near the PL you were attendin BDBL regularly weren't ya TT? Seems a little off slammin King Kev at least he still attended in the "pub league"years dint he? Bully you make good points mi owd pal and i agree Tufty and the staff should be left to deal wi such things as Brooksy but you know and i know if he the owner had kept quiet and then Brooksy's sold he would get slaughtered by the usual suspects,anyway i'm off out wi the luv of my life Our Gertie,see ya'll laters BLADES.UTCB
    True CD, I was a regular for a long time before that too.

I decided enough was enough when his ineptitude got us to the 3rd division.

I said I would not cross the threshhold while ever he was still in charge and I have kept to that. I still back the team, want them to succeed, am a very proud Blade and there aren't many who know me that don't soon get to know that I'm a Blade. I know I don't fit into Rod's definition of a TRUE BLADE and there are plenty who decry me for what I chose to do.

It's become a matter of principle for me and I am continually astounded by how bad he is at anything to do with football matters.
    He is obviously a very successful business man but I can only surmise that he surrounded himself with some very good people to help him succceed because, in his dealings for SUFC, on the footnall front, he's an unmitigated disaster.

I have grown away from my love of football and miss it less and less, whilst I follow closely on match days and through this forum and like a little bit of discussion and debate with the odd criticism of the man I hold responsible for allowing me to have more holidays, more time with friends without consulting the fixture list and arranging holidays around international weeks ( when they used to affect us )

He's the root cause of my initial disillusion and, as everyone on here knows,I do give him the stick he deserves for that. I'd hate not to fulfil the expectations of fellow posters.

BTW he attended through the decline, when his tax planning allowed him, because he couldn't sell the club probably because he was pricing it too high, probably because he insisted on a job for his boy and , probably, because he was getting afew bob out of us from loans etc etc.
    Last edited by tomytony; 20-07-2017 at 01:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tomytony View Post
    True CD, I was a regular for a long time before that too.

I decided enough was enough when his ineptitude got us to the 3rd division.

I said I would not cross the threshhold while ever he was still in charge and I have kept to that. I still back the team, want them to succeed, am a very proud Blade and there aren't many who know me that don't soon get to know that I'm a Blade. I know I don't fit into Rod's definition of a TRUE BLADE and there are plenty who decry me for what I chose to do.

It's become a matter of principle for me and I am continually astounded by how bad he is at anything to do with football matters.
    He is obviously a very successful business man but I can only surmise that he surrounded himself with some very good people to help him succceed because, in his dealings for SUFC, on the footnall front, he's an unmitigated disaster.

I have grown away from my love of football and miss it less and less, whilst I follow closely on match days and through this forum and like a little bit of discussion and debate with the odd criticism of the man I hold responsible for allowing me to have more holidays, more time with friends without consulting the fixture list and arranging holidays around international weeks ( when they used to affect us )

He's the root cause of my initial disillusion and, as everyone on here knows,I do give him the stick he deserves for that. I'd hate not to fulfil the expectations of fellow posters.

BTW he attended through the decline, when his tax planning allowed him, because he couldn't sell the club probably because he was pricing it too high, probably because he insisted on a job for his boy and , probably, because he was getting afew bob out of us from loans etc etc.
    No matter how tha tries to dress it up TT,King Kev has kept supportin the BLADES,you haven't and that's a FACTAMUNDO.You once said on here that everythin that's gone wrong in the last 10 years at BDBL is all darn to King Kev but refuse to give him credit when things take an upturn,sez it all abart your attitude in my view.Roll on 2weeks on Satdi,but until then we'll have to mek do wi a couple of friendlies.UTCB

Quote Originally Posted by rodcurrie View Post
    No matter how tha tries to dress it up TT,King Kev has kept supportin the BLADES,you haven't and that's a FACTAMUNDO.You once said on here that everythin that's gone wrong in the last 10 years at BDBL is all darn to King Kev but refuse to give him credit when things take an upturn,sez it all abart your attitude in my view.Roll on 2weeks on Satdi,but until then we'll have to mek do wi a couple of friendlies.UTCB
    Factamundo my *rse.

Which bit of ". I still back the team, want them to succeed, am a very proud Blade" do you find difficult to comprehend.

Of course, your definition of support revoves around your self appointed TRUE BLADE status which seems to mean you have to attend every home game, every training kick about and every junior game as well as know the birthday of the tea ladies wifes son's offspring.

As chairman or owner or whatever the buck stops with him, not the ppoor exec's, poor managers or poor staff HE employed. That is a fact so, logically, he is to blame. As a football club's raison d'etre is to play football and progress up the league ladder then the last decade has been one of failure, fact.

The fact that he's still there is because he couldn't sell ( even you must admit he's attempted to sell the club) so yes, he's (had to) stick with the club. His decisions caused the financial problems he's had to shore up or were you ant any other TB involved in that too?

You deify him for appointing CW saying he 'chased him, snatched him away from Charlton' but never answered a question posed to you before namely "do you think the other 10 just popped in, sat at the manager's desk and started work?"

Of course they didn't, he appointed them as well so fact, he was involved in all, not just CW.There was no greater, more fervent pursuit of CW than there was of Nobson et al- and we all know when the rot started and who was responsible for it.

10% success rate at the most important aspect of your job would not be tolerated in the corporate world. He owns the club, he couldn't get rid of it ergo, fact, he had to support it.

Good on him for that, he could have walked away but that would have cost him so, maybe, just maybe, his 'supportin the BLADES' was more to do with Hobson's choice.

My 'attutude' is influenced by logic as exemplified above.

Your blind faith and refusal to accept those clear facts also says a fair bit about you Rod.

Easily satisfied or highly critical?

Each to their own but, because I have not spent a penny crossing the threshhold of BDBL in the last decade does not make me a lesser Blade, it does leave me unlikely to comment on individual players, unless I've watched a stream, it does not qualify me to make match comments but it does allow me to comment on the club and other related matters.

It does not worry me that you do not recognise or value my support but there's many that don't or can't go fo many, many reasons that will not appreciate your criticism for not attending.

But then again, how many qualify for your TRUE BLADE status?

I think you know that very well and don't want anyone else to share your pedestal.

Absolutely spot on in every way, TT.

Quote Originally Posted by Longshortandtall View Post
    Anyone going tonight? Was down to go but can't make it now. Can someone do an update if they do go. Would like questions on,

Brookes - we need to give him a new contract and value him at £10 million plus, the same as Lookman from Charlton to Everton as this has set a benchmark. If we have to sell him can Mr Martin Chairman of Southend do the negotiations on our behalf.
    SAG - Good progress made in increasing seats in ground but we will still have around 1200 tomorrow for segregation purposes, what needs to be done to lower this figure.
    Off the Field - On the field vast improvement off it a shambles. Contractors giving poor service, Catering, IT upgrades potential for a large number of fans having ticketing problems tomorrow, Adidas failing to deliver Away shirt and problems with stock for home Shirt. Communication is last minute with unclear messages e.g. Clear as Mud as to who should get a new season ticket card and why do additional security measures have to be announced at the last minute? Who is responsible for off the field activity and are the Club content with the shoddy service and loss of revenue caused by this continual poor performance.

Could go on was going to ask the off the field question but got to go out now. Look forward to updates from those attending.
    Think BD said he was going - although might be too late for him to read this as prob already there - SUFC have just posted piccies on Facebook.

Quote Originally Posted by Ayamonteblade View Post
    Think BD said he was going - although might be too late for him to read this as prob already there - SUFC have just posted piccies on Facebook.
    Thought Twitterblades might be doing a commentary as they have in previous years, but it appears not.

Quote Originally Posted by FatherKnowsBest View Post
    Thought Twitterblades might be doing a commentary as they have in previous years, but it appears not.
    somebody'll turn up eventually.........reckon Rod might have gone too if he's got his ironing done

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast