+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: I had a run with over 35's

3rd game tonight with a dodgy ankle. We were short and I had to play the whole game, and at centre back. 8.5/10
    Ankle restricted me, but still played well enough, stopped many an attacking raid just with my pace and positioning. I did put he 1/2 a dozen guys on their back sides, 2 of them was massive dives. These lads are bigger than me and they were dropping like flys. The 6'8 bloke didn't like little 5'10 Yubby marking him in the box, and when I competed with him body on body whenever he tried to enter my area.

We went down fighting 2-nil. Plenty of chances, just couldn't find the back of the net.
    Were 1-nil down with 15 to go. Swapped our keeper for a midget, and pushed him forward. Played 3 at the back, it almost had immediate results a few times. But the sealer was a free kick well taken from 25m and our keeper got finger tips to it, but was just too short.

My first loss, and now my ankle hurts more(mainly cause of my first loss)

You shouldn't keep borrowing BB's old platform shoes to tackle the big guys, Yubby. Not good for ankles.

Seriously, you sounded like a jack russell terrier nipping at their ankles! Hope yours gets better soon.

Feeling it this morning. The ankle is actually feeling better this morning compared to this time last week.
    The rest of the body though. Over 40's pain.....

Call me the tiny enforcer

So we are still in with a chance of making the finals with 4th getting beat this weekend, we have our last 3 games in 8 days .

I can't make the first game due to lookinaftafiiivdoortas, it's a reoccurring injury.

So time will tell, will my 5 or 6th game be finals???

"I competed with him body on body whenever he tried to enter my area." Oh I say possum

Girl and a boy mate. Just turned 10 last weekend and yes still in NZ. Yes Brisbane for you. Got mixed up with bushman who did move to Melb.

I thought you had 2 girls, sorry.

They grow up fast, my eldest is now 20, then including step daughters I have 17,15,13x2,11 and 9.

Yeah the last I heard Bushy followed a lovely lady from Sydney to Melbourne.

6.5 /10 in a 4-6 goal loss last night.

I played centre back only because of my pace and reading of the game(me thinks) still carrying and ankle injury, which I should get x-rayed. I the did well enough first half with all momentum going our way. But the turning point came around the 60min mark when I was leading a race back across the box and to control a bouncing ball I had to use my shoulder only to have the ball run down my arm and brush my hand. To a massive home crowd cry of hand ball!!!!! Penalty
    down 3-2

grrrrrrr

[QUOTE=yubbywelch;38629730]6.5 /10 in a 4-6 goal loss last night.

But the turning point came around the 60min mark when I was leading a race back across the box and to control a bouncing ball I had to use my shoulder only to have the ball run down my arm and brush my hand. To a massive home crowd cry of hand ball!!!!! Penalty
    down 3-2

grrrrrrr

Those balls should really learn how to behave themselves. Shocking lack of discipline. I would fine it a week's wages.

Yubby. Get that ankle x-rayed. Sis x

I know I should, but with finals now out of reach, and having a 2 week hammy, all I would get told is you have a small fracture, rest up.

I have really enjoyed my 4 games, and now really looking forward to next season , despite a weeks fine.

A good preseason and A league here I come.

How's your ankle now, bro?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)