+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: I had a run with over 35's

Better than the hammy. But if I was to kick a ball it wouldn't be so good.

Yet to go get a doc to look at it.

I told you not to! When you get to this age stop competitive sports. Injuries occur more frequently and take longer to recover. A whimper from a Hamstring is no longer a week about injury.

Head gracefully toward golf

Girls are great but hard work emotionally as you no doubt realise with your pack. Boy your girls are really grown up. We've been hanging around here so long. I had no Children when I first posted and now they're ten!

We have been in here for awhile.

Bushy and Lefty are 2 who have found their way out.

Hammy's have been my main injury from early 20's (all back related, I fractured it when I was 14)

Calf's have been I old man injury.

Golf Love it. Play off 20

I had an xray and ultrasound this morning Winnie.

Time to see if I'm as soft as a marshmellow

I'm glad you got checked out bro. Better safe than sorry.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

Son of a marshmellow I am.

Thickening and hyperaemia of the deltoid ligament compatible with strain (4 weeks ago obviously)

So outside of physio, suck it up princess

More golf less contact sports. Get that handicap down to something bordering on respectable. Late last year i was accidentally drafted into a local league 20/20 cricket match. I spent three weeks recovering (Rotator cuffs ) various strains and bruises from diving for the ball. I didn't think the the shoulders would come right again but eventually they did. Anyway i'm done now. 2/22 with a dropped catch so held my own. I play golf somewhere around 12-14 depending on the season.

The only time I have played competition cricket was when I went over to visit family for 3months in '99'

I had a golf membership early 2000's and got down to 13 handicap. But I'm flat out getting out 4 times a year these days.

I bet the courses in NZ are goregeous

You boys are sooo competitive. I don't think I've ever wanted to win enough to put myself at risk of injury. Hmm probably why I never made the Olympics. Only just made school sports day.

Hope your injuries get better soon bro.
    Last edited by MissWinnie; 04-09-2017 at 10:43 PM.

Season over.

But we have an exhibition match against a Fijian side so I'm in, even though the ankle still sore, and hammy an unknown (competiveness will be water down, maybe)

Then I will make a decision on playing in a 5 a side Summer comp

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)