+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: who do you think will go down this season?

who do you think will go down this season?

My bet is millwall, burton and ipswich.

Millwall were very average last season, credit for their cup run but league 1 was short on quality last season and i think they'll be found out in this division

Burton achieved miracles last season really, credit to them for that. Nigel clough is a very level headed manager but there were shades of them losing that ***** home form toward the end of last season. They need to pick up at least 35 points at home because away from home they can't expect too much, it's probably a bridge too far.

Ipswich may sound a little far fetched but i saw signs in a few games last season of their players not giving it everything for their manager. Macca has probably been there too long and is getting less and less to spend. It wouldn't surprise me if it was their time.

i also think in contention for relegation will be us, forest, blunts, bolton, qpr and preston. Who knows what's in store for us really? I reckon those 3 i chose will be weaker than us, well I'm hoping so.

thoughts chaps?

Us

Burton , Millwall , Bolton , we will escape by the skin of our teeth by buying some experience in January .

Quote Originally Posted by DragonTyke View Post
    Us

Any reason?

I think we'll stay up easily. I think we've bought well. There are definitely three worst teams than us in the division and home form will be key. I'd say Bolton, Burton and Millwall for the drop. No real reasoning other than it's rare all three promoted teams get relegated the following season.

I agree with Pass Burton may have second season syndrome. It could be argued that way about us too. However, we've turned over a full squad since last season where as Burton still have the same ageing cloggers

You couldn't accuse us of stagnating on the playing front. As for Bolton and Millwall they haven't set the world alight in their recruitment thus far.

3 from burton bolton barnsley millwall.I cant see us winning 9 away games this season so our home form is *****.

Can't see a struggle myself. I think the end of last season might do us a favour in that respect. The intensity and drive will be there from that start of the season. Half the battle is application. If we set up right we will cause teams problems. A few more additions and less worrying about the opposition and more discipline less caution we'll be fine.

Millwall, Burton and Preston.

Now that I've released that all bets have been suspended by all bookmakers.

Coasted over line last season can't see it happening this season. Squeaky bottom time this season!!!!!!

bottom Burton us then millwall.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast