+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Since 1980

We played Maidstone at Dartford's old Watling Street ground after Maidstone had "hijacked " it... Maidstone keeper was an ex-Pgs player who played a blinder... we just couldn't put the ball in the net and it finished 0-0

By the way - Dartford is still good for supping - especially Dartford WMC, if you are in the area
    Last edited by mikemiller; 18-07-2017 at 11:16 PM.

i think I must be youngest here

The only two teams in the leagues I haven't seen play in person are Spurs and Chelsea, thankfully I've seen most of the others being our opposition in a match.

Good post by the way.

UTM

Quote Originally Posted by Silly-miller View Post
    i think I must be youngest here
    No good me talking about Barrow,Workington and Southport in league then SM.

Quote Originally Posted by Archiemiller View Post
    No good me talking about Barrow,Workington and Southport in league then SM.
    Who?

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Silly-miller View Post
    Who?

Been to all those, plus Tottenham in '72 (nightmare)

We used to take a good following to Wrexham, Halifax, Darlington etc, but my favourite used to be at Scarborough but sadly they didn't last very long in the league.

I was also in the 150 ish that travelled down to see us play Maidstone in that 0-0 draw, and what a shambles of a ground that was.

Happy memories though!

Have we ever played Kidderminster in a league match

Quote Originally Posted by NeztheMiller View Post

We used to take a good following to Wrexham, Halifax, Darlington etc, but my favourite used to be at Scarborough but sadly they didn't last very long in the league.

I was also in the 150 ish that travelled down to see us play Maidstone in that 0-0 draw, and what a shambles of a ground that was.

Happy memories though!
    Nez.... glad to see Scarborough' new ground now up and ready. Hopefully they get back to league status soon so long as we aren't in the same league.

Quote Originally Posted by NeztheMiller View Post

Happy memories though!
    151 Nez - I made my own way there from MK.

PS Good to see you've awaken from your off season slumber

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Nez.... glad to see Scarborough' new ground now up and ready. Hopefully they get back to league status soon so long as we aren't in the same league.

That IS good news Brin, but I didn't even know they were having a new stadium/ground built, so I'm really chuffed for them and let's hope that we get to play them up there, in the cup of course.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast