+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How'did'you'get'on'WBAMAD

Quote Originally Posted by Albionic68 View Post
    Morning Chris.

I think both of those barge trips were before my time on the board, or if not then pretty close to it. There have been at least two other trips which I have attended on the barge since then.

We had a day out and charity auction for Baggie Steve, and another trip in memory of Keith (Lincs) and Baggie Boy Geoffs mate who died following a cycling accident near Norwich. Norwich supporters were also in attendance for the latter trip.

Think there may have been another day out between these two, but I'm not sure.
    These weren't post barge trips, we met up in the Sportsmans and took them in that area. The top one was March 2009.
    I did the first 2 barge trips. The first one I missed my bus back to Gloucester, Phoned my sister up to rescue me, the second I stayed over in a dodgy hotel with BaggieBoyGeoff!

When I arrived at work I would log on and the first things I would look for were emails from my mate in Indonesia and then Albion news. I can't remember how I came across Mad but I found it both whimsical and informative. It was not easy but I took the plunge and decided to join on retiring. I just hope it doesn't fade away like so many others.

Joined, by accident ;-), in June 2011. Found the site while surfing for Albion info on the internet.

Met quite a few posters IRL, although I have my travel distance to consider. Great people, I have really enjoyed pre and post match drinks. The best one so far, Hammers away in, I think, 2013 - bad result, superb day out.

I have always enjoyed the good banter on this site, though some posters def are missed.

Ahhh thanks Holmleigh !!

Herewith a recent barge photo. A sign held by me and Baggieboygeoff in memory of Lincs.

Quote Originally Posted by holmleighchris View Post
    I'm pretty sure there was a 3rd one Dave, but can't find the photo.
    I'm only in the second one. Recovering from a heart attack when the first one was taken.
    Note that in the second one it's the 2 from Gloucester not wearing coats. Makes you tough living down this way (or stupid!).

I think you are right Chris about a 3rd or 4th one not sure but there could have been one for Baggie Steve.

There was one for me when I went into hospital 2012. Julie showed me when she visited, Don't remember much as i was on another planet.

I've reopened this thread. Can't see why Des locked it.

Hope he doesn't shout at me for doing so!

I'didn't'lock'it'Chris

Quote Originally Posted by WBA1955 View Post
    I'didn't'lock'it'Chris
    Could a mod from another board do it? I certainly didn't.

I dont think thats possible Chris (and no it wasnt me ), surely only Footymad Admin can do that sort of thing.

Maybe it was the board's new sponsors flexing their muscles .

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)