+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Brooks

The only way to stop this madness Mansfield is to put a min quota of home grown players onto the clubs so they would have to encourage players through the ranks,I think they've let the horse bolt though it should have been done yrs ago but the FA and premier league can't see past their own greed

My idea is that you should change the academy system, still keep Cat 1-4 and that Cat 1 can pick up players from the lower cat academies for a pittance, but base it on results rather than money, say if you have a player who played 10 games in League 2, the club who brought him through their academy gets 1 point, 2 points for league 1, 4 for the Championship, 8 for Premier League, and 16 if they play for England. The top 10 clubs have Cat 1 status, I think this will force the big clubs to play their own youngsters rather than hoover up the talent from other clubs.

Goodbye Mr Brooks

McCabe:

“In many ways [promotion has eased pressure of selling youngsters]. But the truth is until you are back in the Premier League, if a Premier League club comes along and wants one of your players... if someone can give me the answer of how you keep them. I think most supporters realise that our desire is not to sell a David Brooks - obviously a youngster with immense talent - or a Dominic Calvert-Lewin. But when the big dog comes knocking...”

Quote Originally Posted by blades58 View Post
    Goodbye Mr Brooks

McCabe:

“In many ways [promotion has eased pressure of selling youngsters]. But the truth is until you are back in the Premier League, if a Premier League club comes along and wants one of your players... if someone can give me the answer of how you keep them. I think most supporters realise that our desire is not to sell a David Brooks - obviously a youngster with immense talent - or a Dominic Calvert-Lewin. But when the big dog comes knocking...”
    You're not shocked by this 58 are ya? I've commented abart it on the fans forum thread but it's the way the football world is.I will be disapointed when Brooksy goes but not suprised.UTCB

You tell them to do one and then take the lad to one side and explain how we took him on when he was down and we've built him back up again and how contracts are supposed to work etc a bit like southends chairman has done with leonard

And then you sell him !

Quote Originally Posted by BlockD View Post
    Slightly longer version of the goal from last nighthttp://www.skysports.com/football/ne...al-solo-strike
    just like mine many moons ago

Quote Originally Posted by rodcurrie View Post
    You're not shocked by this 58 are ya? I've commented abart it on the fans forum thread but it's the way the football world is.I will be disapointed when Brooksy goes but not suprised.UTCB
    Me neither unfortunately Rodders. A huge fee would ease the pain a bit though instead of 1m.

Quote Originally Posted by rodcurrie View Post

I have repeatedly said that when the big clubs come calling it's game over, it just irks me when our owner actually says it without at least explaining the process he goes through as an owner to convince the said player to stay. No mention of anything positive about the fact we are on the up. That we have a top manager. That said young player, if he continues to improve has more chance of playing in the Championship than at a Prem club. That we would offer said player a competitive salary despite his age. Nothing, not a glimmer. It's almost as if he wants to sell the player, if you get my drift and of course keeping that talented player ought to mean his stock rises.

Quote Originally Posted by blades58 View Post
    I have repeatedly said that when the big clubs come calling it's game over, it just irks me when our owner actually says it without at least explaining the process he goes through as an owner to convince the said player to stay. No mention of anything positive about the fact we are on the up. That we have a top manager. That said young player, if he continues to improve has more chance of playing in the Championship than at a Prem club. That we would offer said player a competitive salary despite his age. Nothing, not a glimmer. It's almost as if he wants to sell the player, if you get my drift and of course keeping that talented player ought to mean his stock rises.
    King Kev's changed his stance. It's no longer 'when the big clubs come calling' it's gone to the knocking dogs...

“I think most supporters realise that our desire is not to sell a David Brooks - obviously a youngster with immense talent - or a Dominic Calvert-Lewin. But when the big dog comes knocking...”

Read more at: http://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/footb...tial-1-8658586

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast