+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Brooks

Southampton seem to have that side of their business sorted. McCabe should pay them to deal with our player sales.

Quote Originally Posted by blades58 View Post
    I have repeatedly said that when the big clubs come calling it's game over, it just irks me when our owner actually says it without at least explaining the process he goes through as an owner to convince the said player to stay. No mention of anything positive about the fact we are on the up. That we have a top manager. That said young player, if he continues to improve has more chance of playing in the Championship than at a Prem club. That we would offer said player a competitive salary despite his age. Nothing, not a glimmer. It's almost as if he wants to sell the player, if you get my drift and of course keeping that talented player ought to mean his stock rises.
    This, exactly. What's wrong with playing cards close to his chest or saying he's not for sale, even if just to eke out a bit more money? He might as well have said that anyone in the prem who wants him can have him for peanuts.

Quote Originally Posted by Carpe_diem View Post
    This, exactly. What's wrong with playing cards close to his chest or saying he's not for sale, even if just to eke out a bit more money? He might as well have said that anyone in the prem who wants him can have him for peanuts.
    If he did that and then Brooksy was sold he'd be called a liar again wunt he? UTCB

Quote Originally Posted by rodcurrie View Post
    If he did that and then Brooksy was sold he'd be called a liar again wunt he? UTCB
    No he wouldn't rod. He'd have the whole Blades fanbase on his side.
    McCabe should never be allowed to make public statements. He is a PR disaster. Every fuc i ng time.

Of course we will end up selling Brooke's but we have to get the timing right. We should fight to keep him this season and his value will go up ten fold. I would be very disappointed if we sold him sooner and got the usual £1.5 million. This lad is worth 10 times that. I would like to see him in our first team for a season as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Blade for Life View Post
    Of course we will end up selling Brooke's but we have to get the timing right. We should fight to keep him this season and his value will go up ten fold. I would be very disappointed if we sold him sooner and got the usual £1.5 million. This lad is worth 10 times that. I would like to see him in our first team for a season as well.
    Agree. But please can we spell players names right. Like it's Sharp,no E it's Brooks,no E.

Quote Originally Posted by seanbeanstattoo View Post
    No he wouldn't rod. He'd have the whole Blades fanbase on his side.
    McCabe should never be allowed to make public statements. He is a PR disaster. Every fuc i ng time.
    Disagree Sean,didn't he once say Beattie weren't for sale,then look at the backlash after he was sold.Are ya goin to the Rovrum game on Friday mate? UTCB

Quote Originally Posted by rodcurrie View Post
    Disagree Sean,didn't he once say Beattie weren't for sale,then look at the backlash after he was sold.Are ya goin to the Rovrum game on Friday mate? UTCB
    He never said Beattie wasn't for sale.
    His exact words were "the club doesn't need to sell Beattie"

We wouldnt get much for him on tonights display

Quote Originally Posted by BlockD View Post
    We wouldnt get much for him on tonights display
    Or any of the rest of them. At least Brooks looked a lot better than Duffy. Even Rod's favourite, Regan Slater, ran about a lot but achieved little.

Fair do's to Matlock though, they looked a half decent side. Shame it was Diego's brother who got the goal that turned out to be the winner.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast