+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Brooks

Quote Originally Posted by FatherKnowsBest View Post
    Inevitable that if he continues as he is, then the big boys will come calling. I just hope we a. get a monster fee for him and b. have him for a while so we can appreciate him first.
    Agreed Pops.UTCB

Two things rod the footage doesn't do the goal justice I was behind the goal and he was feigning one way then the other running towards goal the defenders could only try to contain him and were happy for him to drift wide,it would have been so easy to over run the ball let it get too near a defender so he could get a foot in but he controlled it perfectly whilst running at speed before shooting across the keeper into the corner,we've seen it all before rod but many there last night haven't an he lit the place up when he came on,yes he gave it away a few times but he was always trying something,I must say he appears to have stepped up a notch since last yr maybe the tournament did his belief and self confidence the world of good and hopefully we will reap the benefit

The goal reminded me of George best chippy not that he's anywhere near as good,he's a busier player than waddle who was languid an looked disinterested or knackered half the time but he went past players last night like the 2 mentioned used to in their heyday

Quote Originally Posted by bulmer1889 View Post
    Two things rod the footage doesn't do the goal justice I was behind the goal and he was feigning one way then the other running towards goal the defenders could only try to contain him and were happy for him to drift wide,it would have been so easy to over run the ball let it get too near a defender so he could get a foot in but he controlled it perfectly whilst running at speed before shooting across the keeper into the corner,we've seen it all before rod but many there last night haven't an he lit the place up when he came on,yes he gave it away a few times but he was always trying something,I must say he appears to have stepped up a notch since last yr maybe the tournament did his belief and self confidence the world of good and hopefully we will reap the benefit

The goal reminded me of George best chippy not that he's anywhere near as good,he's a busier player than waddle who was languid an looked disinterested or knackered half the time but he went past players last night like the 2 mentioned used to in their heyday
    I've always said even when he dunt have a particularly good game he shows ya some skill everytime i've seen him play,yes he will lose it at times(like last week in Malaga)but i luv it when players try to make things happen.I don't know if i've ever mentioned it but i'm a BIG admirer of GOD and one of the reasons is he always tried to creat when he had the ball,i wonder if BROOKSY will start blowin kisses to the crowd or sittin on the ball perhaps.UTCB

Quote Originally Posted by FatherKnowsBest View Post
    Inevitable that if he continues as he is, then the big boys will come calling. I just hope we a. get a monster fee for him and b. have him for a while so we can appreciate him first.
    My thoughts too FKB

Supporters deserve to see these lads make the first team and then turn out. Yes, we know what happens with these talented lads, but it doesn't have to happen straight away. At least Harry got a couple of seasons, We need to make sure we also see the benefit of these kids talents

The other benefit of course (and I know it can work both ways) is that if he continues to mature and improve, then his value rises. Instead of being sold for a couple of million, he's worth many more times that fee and then of course the club benefits financially too.

I hope we get to see him this season if he carries on as he is then we'll be lucky to have him till Jan,it's the pyramid system all over again and we forget we're somewhere in the middle we've picked up 4 players this summer who were arguably their clubs best players their fans were probably livid with what we paid for them,but we say it's good business for us,well that's what the big clubs fans will say when they take brooksy from us (cos it will happen) but let's not get all precious about him he's not really a product of our academy like ramsdale he came in to the system late all we have done is encourage what was there this last couple of yrs,to me the kyles harry and jags are products of our system,but it's given us a reputation so when these kids are released from the bigger clubs we are an attractive option to improve their careers like with the lad just snapped up from manure

Long may it continue,failing academy ?

I hope we get to see him this season if he carries on as he is then we'll be lucky to have him till Jan,it's the pyramid system all over again and we forget we're somewhere in the middle we've picked up 4 players this summer who were arguably their clubs best players their fans were probably livid with what we paid for them,but we say it's good business for us,well that's what the big clubs fans will say when they take brooksy from us (cos it will happen) but let's not get all precious about him he's not really a product of our academy like ramsdale he came in to the system late all we have done is encourage what was there this last couple of yrs,to me the kyles harry and jags are products of our system,but it's given us a reputation so when these kids are released from the bigger clubs we are an attractive option to improve their careers like with the lad just snapped up from manure

Apparently, CW said this last night (not sure it's his exact words):

"Brooks did what's expected, up to him if he makes first team. If he thinks he's made it he hasn't"

That's the way to keep him grounded

Jags&Tongey were released by prem clubs also weren't they? Of course you're correct if BROOKSY does the business he'll be off,if he doesn't then the usual suspects will slam the club for not cashin in nar or claim those that have hailed the lads talent(like thee and me) know chuff all.I hope he starts on Friday but it'll be interestin to see if he gets some game time v Stoke and if he does how he performs and if he does perform well how long before Hughesy slaps a bid in for him.UTCB

Some goal from young brooksy mind you jacks wasn't bad either

https://mobile.twitter.com/Blademark...231299/video/1
    Chuffin hell, that was superb. His reaction after suggests he's done similar stuff many times before. You have a gem on your hands there! Get a five year contract sorted pronto, McScraboro'

We who watch the Academy teams have known for some time what Brooksy is capable of. We have watched him continue to improve, but that improvement has certainly accelerated over the last few months and I agree with all the sentiments expressed above. I'd love to see him continue to play for us, because he is the sort of player that spectators want to see. An entertainer who occasionally does the unexpected. However, U19 tournaments and pre season friendlies are not the Championship, so I don't think it would be fair to the lad to expect too much too soon. Let Chris be the ultimate arbiter as to if, when and for how long he plays - and we are all aware of the pragmatic need to get results on the pitch - and the totally ridiculous economics of modern day football.
    While not wishing to pour cold water on anyone's enthusiasm about this lad, I fear that the way he plays - taking on and beating opponents with close control - will invite gnarled old Championship players to attempt to stop him in any way they can.
    A severe ankle or knee ligament injury is always only one bad tackle away. The history of football is littered with cases of talented players whose careers have been finished prematurely. Let's hope that this doesn't happen to Brooks. When he turns it on - he is a joy to watch - and there are not that many of his sort about.

Messi, Draxler and Ozil rolled into one!

He's a very special player. We need to keep him, ideally on a new long contract, and we need to include him in the first team regularly - there's no excuse not to now - the second he's put with the first team, he's made himself a massive factor. We don't have anyone else who does what he does. And we'd struggle to sign anyone else who can.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast