+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The Blades on Friday.....

The Blades on Friday.....

Warne will obviously be chopping and changing throughout the match to see his preferred side for the forthcoming season but, at the rate the pre season goals have gone in I say Ball/Proctor look like the two likely to start up front for us when the season kicks off.

JCH will find it hard to muscle these two out of the way. Ball has all the fizz of Derbyshire in front of the goal and a big unit like Proctor will be very effective against defences. Warne looks to have chosen wisely with these two. Can't see another striker being brought in now as it would upset the balance he is trying to create.

Defence, Fisher seems to be improving at last and this cannot be a bad thing with Emmanuel only being a loan player. It's game time Fisher needs and he should take it with a view of not giving up that position to any player no matter where they're from.

Adejayi is definitely one that will only develop and go on to better things. Young, agile and strong, can see other clubs calling for him in the future.

Keeper? Think we still need a decent one.

Rising stars- Bailey- King, Muskwe are what we need to see coming through the ranks as we plan for the future ahead.

Alas due to issues I cannot make this one so trust those that are attending have a great evening. UTM!

Proctor, Da Ball and Ajayi are now key players for us and if they play well/score against the Blades, it ill be a good sign for the season ahead (ias long as the Blades put out a strong sde). Still think that we are lacking a goalscorer - but will Warney get one?

Looking forward to seeing the new players tonight and seeing how well the team gels.

Blades sold around 3700 tickets for tonight so should be decent crowd as well.

3700. So have we given them half the family stand? I guess it's a important game for them.

How many tickets have we sold? Hope it's more than 3,700. Make us look bad if away support more than the home.

I got mine this morning gwru and had the complete pick of the NW quadrant , it was proper empty !!

Quote Originally Posted by daveeed View Post
    I got mine this morning gwru and had the complete pick of the NW quadrant , it was proper empty !!
    read on Chessy board Blades took 2700 to Proact the other night while the Dires mustered 2100 so there were was more away support there too, they are in big boys league now so I suppose a few will come out of the woodwork

Always the same pal as we found out on our last trip to Wembley!

People though can and will be choosy these days so the blades may well see bigger gates than the pigs this coming season now they're back in the championship. They've spent an age in league 1, hopefully we don't!

http://boards.footymad.net/showthrea...9#post38594029

Just thought I'd have a look at what they are saying far more polite than the other team in their city

Quote Originally Posted by Silly-miller View Post
    http://boards.footymad.net/showthrea...9#post38594029

Just thought I'd have a look at what they are saying far more polite than the other team in their city
    Blades never had a problem with us and vice versa. Will look proper sad when they out number us though. Still, comparing our the last seasons antics, not surprising. I'm really really really surprised and pleased of course that we managed nearly 6000 STs.

I won't be there. Can't be bothered to travel down for a friendly.