+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bbc

Lineker is good at what he does. So is Clare Boulding and Sue Barker.
    But do we really need expensive people - rather than Joe Bloggs, who would do it reasonably well for £30k a year - to show us what we've just seen. I'd rather we had one hour's football highlights + 2 minutes analysis.
    And it's much the same with the Judges on the X-Factor (not that I watch that sh&te any more, DUE TO the Judges).
    And not one bloody Presenter is worthy of a CBE, never mind a knighthood.

Good'thread'guy's'and'good'points'made,but'keep'it 'to'topic.

Quote Originally Posted by WBA1955 View Post
    Good'thread'guy's'and'good'points'made,but'keep'it 'to'topic.
    Yes, it is a good thread, so we should keep it that way.

A question for you, 55, and HLC if he is about. Why don't you just remove any post that goes "off topic"??

Quote Originally Posted by phild View Post
    Just mentioning in passing that Linekar actually earns the same amount as 90 nurses.
    Great comparison Phild buddy. "She who must be obeyed" will relate to that !

Quote Originally Posted by albion68 View Post
    yes Roy.but I couldn't ride a bike till I fell off a few times.
    I fell off my bike and got hit by a bus when I was very young. I decided I wasn't very good at it and have hardly ridden a bike since.

Quote Originally Posted by phild View Post
    Just mentioning in passing that Linekar actually earns the same amount as 90 nurses.
    You wouldn't pay to watch 90 nurses doing their job whilst you do pay TV presenters to entertain us.

Pay Lineker what he's worth - say £100k of our money.
    He'll probably say he's going to work for Sky then. Let the barsteward go. But Sky (and ITV) have already got their quota of "Presenters", so they'll probably start reducing their salaries, along with the Laws of Supply and Demand. Sooner or later "Presenters'" salaries will come down to more realistic levels.
    So, whoever monitor the worth of the BBC against our £148 Licence Fee should get real, and realise that any tw*t who can read an autocue will do it for The Living Wage. Cushy job, as well.
    As for Chris f'ing Evans.................enough said!

Quote Originally Posted by Newcy Wolf View Post
    No need for that really is there? I was purely putting something into perspective.

I expect it from others though, even after they have been publicly shamed and told their posts should be ignored by their own moderator.
    It read like you were being flippant?

Quote Originally Posted by albion68 View Post
    It read like you were being flippant?
    Fair enough 68.

Quote Originally Posted by Newcy Wolf View Post
    Obscene?

Well thank goodness footballers are on a pittance.

Footballers can be on a pittance if they play in the lower leagues ( outside of the Premiership )

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)