+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bbc

Bbc

Ffs. Close it down,have you seen there obscene saleries. Chris Evans 2mill a year . Norton 800.000plus. News readers over 250.000.

I'm amazed you're amazed. What did you think they earned?

[QUOTE=Roymit;38591459]I'm amazed you're amazed. What did you think they earned?[/QUOTe
    ****in ell Roy not that amount.reading the soddilng news off a Q card.

Quote Originally Posted by albion68 View Post
    Ffs. Close it down,have you seen there obscene saleries. Chris Evans 2mill a year . Norton 800.000plus. News readers over 250.000.
    Obscene?

Well thank goodness footballers are on a pittance.

Just mentioning in passing that Linekar actually earns the same amount as 90 nurses.

Quote Originally Posted by Newcy Wolf View Post
    Obscene?

Well thank goodness footballers are on a pittance.
    We all know footballers are way over paid. But reading the news, I bet even you could do that.

You'd be surprised how difficult it is to read from a cue card. Ronald Reagan could only do it with difficulty and he was an actor. Gerald Ford couldn't do it. Watch politicians at party conferences and you will soon spot a host of stumbles and nonsense pronouncements emanating out of their misshapen mouths. In fact under the pressure that many newscasters perform, when the same actions are attempted by untrained people, the resulting number of mistakes and mispronunciations is extremely high. I say this not in order to defend their remuneration you understand but merely to correct the common misconception that reading stuff off a moving monitor cue card is a piece of pis*.

Quote Originally Posted by Roymit View Post
    You'd be surprised how difficult it is to read from a cue card. Ronald Reagan could only do it with difficulty and he was an actor. Gerald Ford couldn't do it. Watch politicians at party conferences and you will soon spot a host of stumbles and nonsense pronouncements emanating out of their misshapen mouths. In fact under the pressure that many newscasters perform, when the same actions are attempted by untrained people, the resulting number of mistakes and mispronunciations is extremely high. I say this not in order to defend their remuneration you understand but merely to correct the common misconception that reading stuff off a moving monitor cue card is a piece of pis*.
    yes Roy.but I couldn't ride a bike till I fell off a few times.

Quote Originally Posted by albion68 View Post
    We all know footballers are way over paid. But reading the news, I bet even you could do that.
    No need for that really is there? I was purely putting something into perspective.

I expect it from others though, even after they have been publicly shamed and told their posts should be ignored by their own moderator.

No suprise from me.
    BBC, like any Labour/union run organisation completely over paid and over staffed.
    Why have 3 people do a job efficiently when you can pay 5 to do the same ?
    Highly paid non-jobs..Close it down tomorrow.
    Pay for the licence , might as well have my say.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)