+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Bbc

How ironic of the ultra PC BBC. They bend over backwards to recognise the importance and relevance of equality, diversity, multiculturalism etc issues. You look at most programmes and it is clear that both ***es, different racial backgrounds, different ***ual orientations, disabilities etc are fairly represented. But when it comes to the issue of pay! Tut Tut.
    Last edited by Q165; 20-07-2017 at 06:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Roymit View Post
    You'd be surprised how difficult it is to read from a cue card. Ronald Reagan could only do it with difficulty and he was an actor. Gerald Ford couldn't do it. Watch politicians at party conferences and you will soon spot a host of stumbles and nonsense pronouncements emanating out of their misshapen mouths. In fact under the pressure that many newscasters perform, when the same actions are attempted by untrained people, the resulting number of mistakes and mispronunciations is extremely high. I say this not in order to defend their remuneration you understand but merely to correct the common misconception that reading stuff off a moving monitor cue card is a piece of pis*.
    Hmmmmmmmm........

.......... I suspect it'd be more difficult teaching chimps how to make and pour tea than reading while 'under presure' from an automated script.

They don't even need to turn the page, bet you could train a bloody gorilla to do that bit if the Autocue broke down .

I'd be up for that job but I wouldn't sell myself short at anything less than £1,750,000 and a packet of crisps.

I believe that's the going rate for chimps on the BBC these days anyway, equal pay for gorillas say I ?

Last edited by Albionic68; 20-07-2017 at 01:03 PM.

Looking at that picture, I wonder if the Beeb will ever change their minds and do a series of live Monkey Tennis ?
    Evans or Lineker or Norton could be paid in just peanuts so it would be cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by talkSAFT View Post
    Pay Lineker what he's worth - say £100k of our money.
    He'll probably say he's going to work for Sky then. Let the barsteward go. But Sky (and ITV) have already got their quota of "Presenters", so they'll probably start reducing their salaries, along with the Laws of Supply and Demand. Sooner or later "Presenters'" salaries will come down to more realistic levels.
    So, whoever monitor the worth of the BBC against our £148 Licence Fee should get real, and realise that any tw*t who can read an autocue will do it for The Living Wage. Cushy job, as well.
    As for Chris f'ing Evans.................enough said!
    Do you really believe this? Or are you just venting your anger?

Wrote threads on here a few times criticising the BBC, and the then differed as some thought things like radio 4 and the world service was worth the licence fee etc, etc.

Now these figures are out the mood has changed, and rightly so.

Evan on £2m on Winkleman on 450k are ridiculous Imo.

But, as long as they get their guaranteed indirect taxation that is the licence fee (they increased it again this year and want to abolish free licences for 75 years olds I think) they will continue with their public body bloated ways.

Make it commercial and you'll see a more efficient beeb.

In all honesty who would pay £148 a year to subscribe to the beeb if given a choice?

Not me when I can get Netflix for less than half price.

I no longer watch BBC News or Questiontime and Newsnight,the latter two were programmes I watched religiously.

I'm sick to death of the left wing bias and the rabid hatred of anything that isn't to the left of centre.

Presenters earning millions over their careers telling the rest of the country how "right on" left wing they are whilst hiding their cash in dodgy schemes etc.

The BBC does drama,documentary,drama and natural world programmes better than most broadcasters so it's a pity its political bias ruins its very important news content.

I can never underhand how they need so many correspondents and assistant correspondents and why their radio stations need an equivalent on their staff,why can't the BBC TV political editor do the report for the radio station FFS?

Jobs for the sake of it like too many public institutions.

I quite honestly couldn't give a f u c k who reads the news as long as they're competent and don't stutter like Norman Collier.

There are thousands of people capable of doing that job for £40k a year,to pay newsreaders such as Huw Edwards up to £500k a year is just obscene.

It's "our" money though so it's doesn't matter.

I'can'never'understand'why'it'nee'two'people'to're ad'the'Midlands'News.One'starts'a'sentence'and'one 'finishes'it.
    Then'you'have'one'to'read'the'sport'and'another'th e'weather.Then'dear'old'onion'face'the'political'e xpert.
    They'should'have'left'Suzanne'Virdee'orJoanne'Mali n'reading'it'in'their'short'skirts,and'got'rid'of' that'silly'table.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    I no longer watch BBC News or Questiontime and Newsnight,the latter two were programmes I watched religiously.

I'm sick to death of the left wing bias and the rabid hatred of anything that isn't to the left of centre.

Presenters earning millions over their careers telling the rest of the country how "right on" left wing they are whilst hiding their cash in dodgy schemes etc.

The BBC does drama,documentary,drama and natural world programmes better than most broadcasters so it's a pity its political bias ruins its very important news content.

I can never underhand how they need so many correspondents and assistant correspondents and why their radio stations need an equivalent on their staff,why can't the BBC TV political editor do the report for the radio station FFS?

Jobs for the sake of it like too many public institutions.

I quite honestly couldn't give a f u c k who reads the news as long as they're competent and don't stutter like Norman Collier.

There are thousands of people capable of doing that job for £40k a year,to pay newsreaders such as Huw Edwards up to £500k a year is just obscene.

It's "our" money though so it's doesn't matter.
    Like it!!

But they are bringing The Generation Game back with their current favourites the side splittingly hilarious Mel & Sue. Give me strength.

Quote Originally Posted by Q165 View Post
    Like it!!

But they are bringing The Generation Game back with their current favourites the side splittingly hilarious Mel & Sue. Give me strength.

I can't abide those two silly b I n t s.......I instantly turn off anything either of them are in.

If ever there was a reason for a gender pay gap it's this pair of nonentities.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)