+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: BBC Salaries

BBC Salaries

Shock horror taxpayer funded BBC are paying Chris Evans most.

He made between £2.2m and £2.25m in 2016/2017, while Claudia Winkleman is the BBC's highest-paid female celebrity, earning between £450,000 and £500,000.
    Match of the Day's Gary Lineker earned between £1.75m and £1.8m, the BBC annual report said.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-40653383

On the other hand unemployed Sky watchers and child football fans are paying for some players to earn these sums in a month or two. That's a disgrace!

Now which female presenter, transgender presenter and BAME presenters need to be promoted to earn the same as Evans just to keep equality issues on an even keel.

But I wonder if equality is on daily rates rather than total salary as I guess Evans does more days than most.

I'm not working up a lather on this.

For some reason all the attention seems to be on the gender pay gap and not on the real scandal, the ludicrous amounts the general public are being forced to pay these people. Any levelling of wages should be in a downward direction, but of course it won't be, the women's pay will be hiked up to equate with the men's, and a report that should have led to a reduction in the BBC's over-inflated wage bill will probably now see it increased.

They're not daft these people controlling the media are they, they know what they're doing, they know how to look after themselves.

Spot on sinkov, however, according to a report on Radio 5 Live this morning, the BBC pay under the market rate for these people so, as you say, there will be nothing going in the downward direction.

Makes me laugh and cringe at the same time.

I see on Bus shelters in London there are many posters stating that Transport For London does not make any profits as it ploughs it back into Transport.. . .. . . . funny that over 400 employees of TFL earn over £100,000 a year FFS !

Matt Baker on £450,000 a year I'd rather watch paint dry than listen to that boring fart.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)