+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Names down for fleetwood opener..

Gwru, I know its all about opinions but your opinions seem to be in the minority here. Please tell me what JCH contributed to the game yesterday. I am all ears. Give me an example. I honestly cant remember him having a shot at goal. You criticise Moore but his goal scoring record is much better than JCHs. Like I said before he MAY come good but his performances so far are not as good as the other forwards. As for Dom Balll in place of Iekwecome come on... think you need to go to specsavers

JCH, Price and Fisher are making Warne's selection issues that much easier in that currently none of them are in line for a starting place on 5 August. Barring injuries and suspensions I'd go so far as to say Price and Fisher shouldn't figure in any starting line up this season and JCH has a deal of work to do to push himself ahead of the other forwards (I don't like the word 'striker', it implies 'goalscorer'!).

Given this scenario and our lack of a strong, goalscoring midfielder, I'm disappointed that Warne is repeatedly saying he's not looking to recruit anyone else. Obviously, he could be playing his cards close to his chest but unfortunately I believe him. Meanwhile, talk of a top five budget seems to have receded quicker than TS shutting his wallet.

My line up for fleetwood,

-------------------o'donnell----------------
    -----iheikwe---ajeyi----mattock----
    Emmanuel---------------------newell
    ---------------------vaulks-----------------
    -----Taylor----da_ball---williams--
    -------------------proctor-----------------

Price, wood, purrington, frecks, forde, potter, moore.

Quote Originally Posted by Yak View Post
    Are you saying the new signing ieihkwe isn't good enough ?
    Weren't that impressed with him. Not good in the air. Essential for a centre back. Dominic Ball like to see him start with Ajayi in these 2 friendly's against league sides. Agree we need a fit mobile midfielder. JCH needs confidence installing in him. He's a confidence player. Won't get that not getting picked behind players of lesser ability such as Moore & Proctor. Also agree Price try to get shut. O'Donnell is better but a no. 1 choice keeper? Repeating myself again. Vaulks best position is Right back, best we have by far at the club.

Side for Fleetwood. Another; Vaulks Ajayi Do Ball Mattock; Another Frecks Potter Newell; Da Ball JCH

Quote Originally Posted by gwru View Post
    Side for Fleetwood. Another; Vaulks Ajayi Do Ball Mattock; Another Frecks Potter Newell; Da Ball JCH
    Wouldn't place any bets on that, mate!

Whatever happens between now and Fleetwood warne needs a more balanced side than last night.

Vaulks potter and frecks are the 3 CM we have. Only play all 3 if we are playing 5 across the middle. And play 2 wingers... Taylor Newell and Williams are prob the better 3 wingers with bray, forde and bailey king just short of STD (ATM)
    Taylor (R) and Newell (L)
    Or
    Taylor (L) Williams (R)

From what I've seen so far my start at Fleetwood

O'Donnell
    Emmanuel
    Ihekwe
    Ajayi
    Purrington

Taylor
    Frecks
    Potter