+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Joe Williams on loan.

Developing youth is fine jules , I didn't expect a full squad mate .

We do have money to be a little more diverse in our recruitment .

If we hadn't a round coin then fair enough .

I understand we could do with a few older heads/experience but if we are to dish 3 year contracts out we need to be getting them in at <26. Getting young lads in together will create good spirit and hopefully they will be driven by the fact that some good lads have moved on after a spell here enough to create a season where we can hover around 8-12th, and a follow up next season with a play off spot.

There's a lot of uncertainty around at the moment and my guess is that the powers that be ARENT taking out the pot, (?as some think) more so ensuring that the pot is as strong as it can be for when it's needed.
    I suspect that PC will have wanted a solid fund/base creating to ensure that the model he created here can be sustained as long as it can be to preserve the clubs existence during what will be a transitional period in the future.

Williams signed sorry I got it wrong it's a season long loan!

That was waaaay too much information Jules, about when you were a 14 year old nipper. But it still made me giggle though.
    Ive got to agree with Animal's comments here though, and when you say Mr Cryne & co are saving money in the pot for when we really need it etc.
    When is that exactly, is it for if these kids don't adapt to the Champship and we have to sell them ?
    Or is it for if they do brilliantly and the big clubs come in and sign them in January ?
    Either way it all leads to yet another total squad rebuild within 2 years doesn't it.

It cant be for when he does pass away Acido. After that we have no guarantees whatsoever. By rights Cryne owns the club and pays the bills. So when he dies won't that money die with him? With James Cryne not wanting to take the club on. There's nothing to suggest the family wouldn't take the money and run. Who could blame them. That's not a dig that's stating the obvious. I'm seriously worried about where the investment is coming from and whether the club is being safeguarded for when the inevitable happens. I appreciate the tone of my last post concerning wasn't worded correctly and I didn't get my post across as compassionately as I should have. However, my overriding emotion is fear of the club ending up back where it was in 2002.

The football club can't be owned by someone who has sadly passed away .

At some stage with all due respect to Patrick and his family loose ends need addressing .

If I had a business and I was told I was terminally then you generally try to either sell it or pass it on to the family before you pass away .

Wasn't there a similar situation with the Walker family at Blackburn ?

Look its not a nice thing to discuss but I think we supporters should be told sooner rather than later what the plan is going forward and it may help supporters understand a little better why we are not investing a little more of the money we have accumulated of late .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Look its not a nice thing to discuss but I think we supporters should be told sooner rather than later what the plan is going forward and it may help supporters understand a little better why we are not investing a little more of the money we have accumulated of late.
    I think thats all we've ever asked for isn't, just better and more regular communication with the fans. Giving us updates and ideas on this very important subject would be much more appreciated.
    And these 'undisclosed' deals don't help either, because they just add to the cloak n dagger feeling.

This question was asked recently on the Bbs...
    Would we accept any takeover of the club, even if it was by a foreign investor ?

Quote Originally Posted by Ponte_Steve24 View Post
    It cant be for when he does pass away Acido. After that we have no guarantees whatsoever. By rights Cryne owns the club and pays the bills. So when he dies won't that money die with him? With James Cryne not wanting to take the club on. There's nothing to suggest the family wouldn't take the money and run. Who could blame them. That's not a dig that's stating the obvious. I'm seriously worried about where the investment is coming from and whether the club is being safeguarded for when the inevitable happens. I appreciate the tone of my last post concerning wasn't worded correctly and I didn't get my post across as compassionately as I should have. However, my overriding emotion is fear of the club ending up back where it was in 2002.

I said a few days ago & I stand by it

16-07-2017, 05:02 PM #25

Can't PC take what he likes out of the club ?
    He is the owner isn't he ?
    Or am I mistaken?

Quote Originally Posted by Exiletyke View Post
    I said a few days ago & I stand by it

16-07-2017, 05:02 PM #25

Can't PC take what he likes out of the club ?
    He is the owner isn't he ?
    Or am I mistaken?
    Yes he can pay himself a big fat wage or dividend . It's a LTD company though isn't it so he can't just do one with all the takings from the Sunderland at home game when they bring 25,000 fans again .

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    That was waaaay too much information Jules, about when you were a 14 year old nipper. But it still made me giggle though.
    Ive got to agree with Animal's comments here though, and when you say Mr Cryne & co are saving money in the pot for when we really need it etc.
    When is that exactly, is it for if these kids don't adapt to the Champship and we have to sell them ?
    Or is it for if they do brilliantly and the big clubs come in and sign them in January ?
    Either way it all leads to yet another total squad rebuild within 2 years doesn't it.
    Sorry for delay in reply mate. I think it's for when we haven't got a passionate steadying hand on the ship and it's blowing a gale The club will then have a few rescourses for a new sail! Living hand to mouth as we have done in the past is fine, but when a problem occurs and People have to go to Wonga, they pay a heavy price. I think PC ( and I may be wrong here) is being careful to ensure that we don't become a Wonga customer in the near future and end up like Bolton and a few more, with our backs to the wall.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123