+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: o/ Does the region you were born in have any bearing on your character?

Quote Originally Posted by Lasterman View Post
    I've always thought people from Liverpool have some fairly unique qualities
    There used to be a tedious Liverpool fan on footymad (on the England board) who would often post about the Hillsbrough tragedy. He'd often make the same comments about how great the scousers were in dealing with what happened, and nobody was allowed to disagree with this or mention what happened at Heysel etc.

Yes, the people from Afghanistan, Iraq and Syria have a strong urge for blowing themselves up.

This thread has started to fill me with existential angst about my role as a supporter of the Millers.

If we are saying that all regions are basically the same and there are no defining qualities about the town or region we live in, how can we be proud of our town or our football team?

Isn't it just a delusion to think we are anyway better than our neighbours from Sheffield, Doncaster or Leeds?

If the defining qualities of human beings is not region specific then local pride is utterly meaningless.

Maybe we should, after acknowledging this fact, watch football in a new spirit. Rather than goading our rivals, who we have now established are no different to us, why don't we applaud skill from the opposition team and stop antagonising rival supporters, who we have now admitted are exactly the same as us. Extrapolating on this even further we can also say that winning and losing is also meaningless.

If we continue base our support on local pride, we are supporting something we don't really believe is true.
    Last edited by the_idiotb_stardson; 20-07-2017 at 04:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by leedsmiller View Post
    Well, I wouldn't say you and kempo are a perfect match.
    who'se to say we're not the same person?

Quote Originally Posted by the_idiotb_stardson View Post
    This thread has started to fill me with existential angst about my role as a supporter of the Millers.

If we are saying that all regions are basically the same and there are no defining qualities about the town or region we live in, how can we be proud of our town or our football team?

Isn't it just a delusion to think we are anyway better than our neighbours from Sheffield, Doncaster or Leeds?

If the defining qualities of human beings is not region specific then local pride is utterly meaningless.

Maybe we should, after acknowledging this fact, watch football in a new spirit. Rather than goading our rivals, who we have now established are no different to us, why don't we applaud skill from the opposition team and stop antagonising rival supporters, who we have now admitted are exactly the same as us. Extrapolating on this even further we can also say that winning and losing is also meaningless.

If we continue base our support on local pride, we are supporting something we don't really believe is true.
    My head hurts.

Quote Originally Posted by Slimchance View Post
    My head hurts.

Not too worry he'll answer himself soon under a different name 😉

Quote Originally Posted by the_idiotb_stardson View Post

The peado's have ensured that we cannot be proud of our town. Also the council who have let the town centre turn into a charity shoppers paradise. Don't forget about the low life's who have chosen the benefit route as their source of income and seem to encourage their children to do the same.

I have noticed a ridiculous number of people have hand/ neck/ face tattoos round here compared to other places, I think that says a lot.

Just seen a woman in RDGH covered in tattoos with almost a full sleeve on one arm.

She was wearing an open dress exposing her back which amongst other hideous tattoos, had a tortoise on it...., what is that all about?

Woman and tattoos.... ghastly but each to their own I suppose.

Come on lads let's try and not going over old ground here. I am trying to ask some very pertinent questions.

Can't you see how pointless football is?

If you start to deconstruct it all.....it's just meaningless.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast