+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: o/ Does the region you were born in have any bearing on your character?

Quote Originally Posted by the_idiotb_stardson View Post
    Come on lads let's try and not going over old ground here. I am trying to ask some very pertinent questions.

Can't you see how pointless football is?

If you start to deconstruct it all.....it's just meaningless.
    You asked a question about being proud of our town. If you don't want to go over old ground don't ask it.

As for football, isn't all sport pointless then?

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Just seen a woman in RDGH covered in tattoos with almost a full sleeve on one arm.

She was wearing an open dress exposing her back which amongst other hideous tattoos, had a tortoise on it...., what is that all about?

Woman and tattoos.... ghastly but each to their own I suppose.
    I saw a woman with 3 stars on the side of her head, what job does she have I wonder, if any?

Quote Originally Posted by Shark27 View Post
    You asked a question about being proud of our town. If you don't want to go over old ground don't ask it.

As for football, isn't all sport pointless then?
    If you think football is pointless then why watch it and if you don't watch it why come on a football forum?

I'd be up for an ongoing O/T philosophy thread if you are keen IBS, seriously

In answer to this, yes on the face of it supporting football's a bit pointless in that it doesn't immediately keep you alive...but then so are most other things

But I reckon it actually does some good - I think you need a distraction now and again to be able to concentrate on more 'life and death' or serious matters when you need to. Also good to admire skill and sit around and appreciate others' views on things.

In answer to the original question - my theory is that people like or are sympathetic to individual persons or groups they have something in common with, but aren't all that fond of 'people' ie humans in general if they don't know them directly. Those that are helping each other in crisis now probably wouldn't be so caring in daily life by being sympathetic to others' views or being selfless when they don't have particular knowledge about their situation.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123