+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: retirement age

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    Its not the CORRECT solution though b cram.

Now as I've said afore I retired very young and em no skint but already the pension changes have already cost me around £56000 and Mrs sunshine around £24000 that's a quite considerable amount of money and we wont be an unusual case millions will be in the same boat its just That people are unaware its being done.

The foreign age budget is a grotesque waste of money that is spent to make a few British mps and upper class arty farty types feel good aboot themselves and should be ploughed into oor own system.

Lol foreign age.....Freudian slip.��
    Agree entirely that it isn't the correct solution. Putting up the amount that people pay into the system is the only way to fix things. My thought was that if the NI contributions from the employees were to increase this would be like a reduction in their income. I was wondering what the reduction in income would be if the amount being spent to provide basic state pensions was divided by all the people who are 65.

Its not just physically ****ed you can not lift a hand in thirty forty years but be mentally ****ed trying to pass exams and continuous study.

Not freebies, somebody pays, generally the working young.

Disagree re your wife, equalisation of the pension age shuda been done years ago. Just because we have different chromosomes doesn't mean we shud get our pensions at different ages although there is an argument men should get there's earlier due to shorter life expectancy.

Thon WASPI campaign and Angus ****ing Robertson continually asking questions in parliament completely misses the point.
    Totally agree about not being as fast thinking and able to cope with pressure as you get older. Should be possible to take a demotion for reduced pay in line with a reduction in responsibility. The way private pensions were devised they used to take account of the average of the last three years of pay, which traditionally were thought to be the highest years of earning power. don't know if that is still the case.

Miilions of people in this country have had their pensions stolen from them, and raising the pension age means that trend will continue.
    Millions will never see their pension and millions will only receive it for a short time.
    It's legalised theft,look just recently at BHS, thousands lost their pension money.
    Closer to home, timex were using the pension fund like maxwell did, and a great many timex employees never received their pension.
    Private pension companies have been charging extortionate fees to monitor pension funds, and if you kicked the bucket, what was left in the pot went back to the pension company. In some cases the widow might receive a small token pension.
    I worked for over fifty years and roughly half of that time I worked seven days a week and as a result paid more national insurance than most.
    I'm not complaining about that, that's how the system works . One generation provides for the next.
    Anyway that's me finished with my pension rant, I'm going back to the football !
    Mon the dee !

Quote Originally Posted by deecom View Post
    Miilions of people in this country have had their pensions stolen from them, and raising the pension age means that trend will continue.
    Millions will never see their pension and millions will only receive it for a short time.
    It's legalised theft,look just recently at BHS, thousands lost their pension money.
    Closer to home, timex were using the pension fund like maxwell did, and a great many timex employees never received their pension.
    Private pension companies have been charging extortionate fees to monitor pension funds, and if you kicked the bucket, what was left in the pot went back to the pension company. In some cases the widow might receive a small token pension.
    I worked for over fifty years and roughly half of that time I worked seven days a week and as a result paid more national insurance than most.
    I'm not complaining about that, that's how the system works . One generation provides for the next.
    Anyway that's me finished with my pension rant, I'm going back to the football !
    Mon the dee !
    Not quite all true, but some decent points

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    Totally agree about not being as fast thinking and able to cope with pressure as you get older. Should be possible to take a demotion for reduced pay in line with a reduction in responsibility. The way private pensions were devised they used to take account of the average of the last three years of pay, which traditionally were thought to be the highest years of earning power. don't know if that is still the case.
    Be easy for an economist to work that oot with the facts and figures.

Self employed shud pay same nics as the employed now but Govt bottled it.

Increased nics wud help but again a bit unfair as many well aff pay no nics at all.

I've always been intrigued by the idea of giving out a lump sum at retirement rather than auld age pension. Benefit for govt is it gives them a level of certainty about their finances instead of changing things every few years.

Benefit for Joe public is that they are giving responsibility for managing their own affairs and if they die relatively young the money is passed to the next generation.

Another idea but cant remember where I read it is to abolish works contributions to individual pensions and instead have them pay into one centralised pot that everybody gets a share of at retirement.

Ie.....head of angus council....instead of council paying £1200 per month pension contribution for him and him/her alone it goes into centralised pot. Same for the the boy on minimum wage, his £40 per month employee contribution goes into same centralised pot.

Therefore there may be huge differences in wages whilst working but everybody gets the same pension to look forward to.

Idea 1 wud take a huge amount of initial borrowing.

Idea 2 wud take a miracle.

Edit that shud read employer contribution.
    Last edited by Returnofrros; 21-07-2017 at 11:03 AM.

Just shows you how quiet this board is these days,maist posts for a fitba board is about pensioners.
    sad really

Quote Originally Posted by eric_sinclair View Post
    Just shows you how quiet this board is these days,maist posts for a fitba board is about pensioners.
    sad really
    It's different when the posts are about football. The banter seems to take over and you get short one-liners. this thread seems to me to be about ideas and the people posting are merely giving opinions.

Be easy for an economist to work that oot with the facts and figures.

Self employed shud pay same nics as the employed now but Govt bottled it.

Increased nics wud help but again a bit unfair as many well aff pay no nics at all.

I've always been intrigued by the idea of giving out a lump sum at retirement rather than auld age pension. Benefit for govt is it gives them a level of certainty about their finances instead of changing things every few years.

Benefit for Joe public is that they are giving responsibility for managing their own affairs and if they die relatively young the money is passed to the next generation.

Another idea but cant remember where I read it is to abolish works contributions to individual pensions and instead have them pay into one centralised pot that everybody gets a share of at retirement.

Ie.....head of angus council....instead of council paying £1200 per month pension contribution for him and him/her alone it goes into centralised pot. Same for the the boy on minimum wage, his £40 per month employee contribution goes into same centralised pot.

Therefore there may be huge differences in wages whilst working but everybody gets the same pension to look forward to.

Idea 1 wud take a huge amount of initial borrowing.

Idea 2 wud take a miracle.

Edit that shud read employer contribution.
    Isn't that what happens already about the employer NIC's. The employers pay the percentage of the actual wage, but the state pension is the same for everyone? Ring fencing tax revenues so that they can be used to deliver specific things like pensions and paying for the health service isn't acceptable to politicians. Think it's called hypothecation, where a tax raised in a particular way is used to pay for a particular end.

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    It's different when the posts are about football. The banter seems to take over and you get short one-liners. this thread seems to me to be about ideas and the people posting are merely giving opinions.
    It wasna a slight on the topic bcram just a thought on the overall state oh the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by eric_sinclair View Post
    It wasna a slight on the topic bcram just a thought on the overall state oh the forum.
    Sorry, misunderstood your comment. It is very frustrating how few people post on here. I think the other forum is easier to use - no adverts etc, and that might be all there is to it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)