Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
Isn't that what happens already about the employer NIC's. The employers pay the percentage of the actual wage, but the state pension is the same for everyone? Ring fencing tax revenues so that they can be used to deliver specific things like pensions and paying for the health service isn't acceptable to politicians. Think it's called hypothecation, where a tax raised in a particular way is used to pay for a particular end.
Yes it is bcram but article I read was about employers contribution to employee schemes.

Instead of contributing to an employee scheme, say £1200 pm for chief exec and £40 per month for apprentice the £1240 wud go in a centralised pot.

I've no been convinced by any argument as to why an employer shud contribute more for once person than another, I know its based on a % of your wage but WHY?

Looked oot my very old wage slips and employers pension contribution was £695 per month on a good month closer to £550 on a bad month. Why shud I have got that large amount paid in for me but lassie on £11k a year gets £60 or £70 per month?