+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: retirement age

retirement age

Increased for middle aged again.....still as long as the wrinklies are protected.

Just amazes me how anybody over 60 wud vote anything bar tory.

It doesn't matter who you vote for.
    If you look at the baby boom just after the war, successive labour and Tory governments had over sixty years to put plans in place so that any government would be able to afford pension payments.
    None of them had the foresight to do anything about it.
    Instead you get a knee jerk reaction,put the age elegibility up !
    Britain also has one of the lowest state pensions in Europe
    Why don't they wait until all the pensioners die off !

changing the retirement age is the simple solution to the problem that all governments have not raised enough money in taxes to keep pension payments, health service funding, local government funding at the levels they need to be. It's a crude way to stop additional pension costs being created.

It would be interesting to see what the reduction in pension entitlement for all those in receipt of pensions would be if any government said that they would stick with 65 as the age of entitlement and simply added all those who were being told to wait until they were 68 onto the list and divided the existing amount paid out in state pension by the augmented figure.

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    Increased for middle aged again.....still as long as the wrinklies are protected.

Just amazes me how anybody over 60 wud vote anything bar tory.
    I think the real question should be why would anyone not in receipt of a pension vote Tory? The political perception has been that the grey vote was more powerful than the youth vote. I don't know if this is still the case.

Why not increase the national insurance contributions ? It's not the answer, but surely it would make a difference

I was 70 last week, so just keep on grafting otherwise my triple-lock, baby-boomer generation lifestyle, with free bus travel, council tax benefit and a £200 bung every year for winter fuel, OAP concessions at the fitba and pictures, free prescriptions, dentist, specs and footcare continues for the next 30 years.

It's a wonderful life.

I will be seventy in a few months, and not long retired, I'm not complaining about the freebies, I'm amazed most are still there, but by putting the age limit up, it doesn't take into account the type of work.
    Many people who have worked in the building trade for example will be well phucked by that age.
    My wife should have had her pension at 60 ,instead she has a six year wait , because the labour and tories keep changing the goal posts.
    It's getting harder for people trying to plan for their retirement

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    changing the retirement age is the simple solution to the problem that all governments have not raised enough money in taxes to keep pension payments, health service funding, local government funding at the levels they need to be. It's a crude way to stop additional pension costs being created.

It would be interesting to see what the reduction in pension entitlement for all those in receipt of pensions would be if any government said that they would stick with 65 as the age of entitlement and simply added all those who were being told to wait until they were 68 onto the list and divided the existing amount paid out in state pension by the augmented figure.
    Its not the CORRECT solution though b cram.

Now as I've said afore I retired very young and em no skint but already the pension changes have already cost me around £56000 and Mrs sunshine around £24000 that's a quite considerable amount of money and we wont be an unusual case millions will be in the same boat its just That people are unaware its being done.

The foreign age budget is a grotesque waste of money that is spent to make a few British mps and upper class arty farty types feel good aboot themselves and should be ploughed into oor own system.

Lol foreign age.....Freudian slip.��
    Last edited by Returnofrros; 21-07-2017 at 09:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by deetox View Post
    I was 70 last week, so just keep on grafting otherwise my triple-lock, baby-boomer generation lifestyle, with free bus travel, council tax benefit and a £200 bung every year for winter fuel, OAP concessions at the fitba and pictures, free prescriptions, dentist, specs and footcare continues for the next 30 years.

It's a wonderful life.
    That in a nutshell is the problem, greed of the aulder better off.

Quote Originally Posted by deecom View Post
    I will be seventy in a few months, and not long retired, I'm not complaining about the freebies, I'm amazed most are still there, but by putting the age limit up, it doesn't take into account the type of work.
    Many people who have worked in the building trade for example will be well phucked by that age.
    My wife should have had her pension at 60 ,instead she has a six year wait , because the labour and tories keep changing the goal posts.
    It's getting harder for people trying to plan for their retirement
    Its not just physically ****ed you can not lift a hand in thirty forty years but be mentally ****ed trying to pass exams and continuous study.

Not freebies, somebody pays, generally the working young.

Disagree re your wife, equalisation of the pension age shuda been done years ago. Just because we have different chromosomes doesn't mean we shud get our pensions at different ages although there is an argument men should get there's earlier due to shorter life expectancy.

Thon WASPI campaign and Angus ****ing Robertson continually asking questions in parliament completely misses the point.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)