+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Elvis Presley 78 LP on Sun records

Did not see him in1958 at the Odeon but saw the Crickets with Bobby Vee at the Demonotfort Hall in 1960 absolutely brilliant and very very loud too. No 100 watt Marshalls back then either.

Quote Originally Posted by JoePass View Post
    And he played a Fender Strat.....
    Have you got 1 of them Strats Mr too, l have a Sunburst Standard Strat just like Buddy's.

Quote Originally Posted by Bridg4d_Pie_ View Post
    Have you got 1 of them Strats Mr too, l have a Sunburst Standard Strat just like Buddy's.

Sunburst red Mexican, not as good as yours

Sun never released an LP, only singles. Elvis did not record for Capitol, his contract was purchased by RCA. The first LP in this country was Elvis, now referred to as Rock N Roll no 1. His UK singles initially were on HMV ( I have Lawdy Miss Clawdy/ Trying to to get to you).

I would also think it is a 78 record.

Quote Originally Posted by JoePass View Post
    Sunburst red Mexican, not as good as yours
    AH you have the Hank Marvin Shadows Strat.

Quote Originally Posted by uysapie View Post
    Elvis [...] contract was purchased by RCA.
    ... and Col. Parker was made full-time manager. For Parker, Elvis and Sam Philips (Sun owner) this deal was the game changer.

Quote Originally Posted by SolSigns View Post
    ... and Col. Parker was made full-time manager. For Parker, Elvis and Sam Philips (Sun owner) this deal was the game changer.
    And music changed forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Bridg4d_Pie_ View Post
    Now I'm 72 years old and the first LP l can remember seeing was The Chirping Crickets, but then l was a massive Buddy Holly fan and still am.
    First LP I remember was Rock around the Clock ( too young then to see the film!)

Sun never released an LP, only singles. Elvis did not record for Capitol, his contract was purchased by RCA. The first LP in this country was Elvis, now referred to as Rock N Roll no 1. His UK singles initially were on HMV ( I have Lawdy Miss Clawdy/ Trying to to get to you).

I would also think it is a 78 record.
    Further to my original post. I misunderstood Margaret ....... you are correct Uyspa.

First LP I remember was Rock around the Clock ( too young then to see the film!)
    This era I remember very well. Saw the film Blackboard Jungle in Clacton while on holiday. Bill Haley and the Comets played the signature tune and the film as I remember starred Glenn Ford, Sidney Poitier, Vic Morrow and Sal Mineo. I can't remember anybody else but the signature tune really started proper Rock n' Roll in this country and made Haley the main man for a while. The film you refer to came a little later and Haley and the Comets were the main stars.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast