+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Notts vs. Forest Match Thread

Just got back from the game, I enjoyed it , the gulf in class was obvious . I am not going to go through how they all played just to say I thought Hewitt played well and seems to be maturing into a good footballer , if only he had buried that header in the first half ! Oh and I know its not hard but Jones , what an improvement on Dickenhead .

Quote Originally Posted by DaveSmithRules View Post
    I thought we did alright tonight tbh. We looked solid enough against tough opposition. Stand-outs for me were Hawkridge (who got in plenty of crosses), Dan Jones (who looked much better than Dickenson ever has) and Elliot Hewitt.
    We didn't score. If you don't score, you don't win football matches. But I'm sure Jacob will have a parallel universe theory in which you can.

I thought we did alright tonight tbh. We looked solid enough against tough opposition. Stand-outs for me were Hawkridge (who got in plenty of crosses), Dan Jones (who looked much better than Dickenson ever has) and Elliot Hewitt.
    Not sure about Hawkridge, he looked solid if a bit limited.

Thought Ameobi was a handful, Jones and Allesandra decent. Didn't think much to the trialist in midfield.

Do you think KN has what it takes to turn this rag-tag motley crew into a team capable of a playoff push?

KN Couldn't really combat their 3-6-1 formation due to lack of personnel..acres of space wide for Forest. Looked like he switched to a 3-4-3 from the family stand for the last 25mins of the first half which brought some joy and chances but went back to 4-4-2 in the second.

Who was No 18 for Notts?

Quote Originally Posted by CmonU***yStylishPies View Post
    Not sure about Hawkridge, he looked solid if a bit limited.

Thought Ameobi was a handful, Jones and Allesandra decent. Didn't think much to the trialist in midfield.
    Would agree , don't know who the trialist was in midfield but if he is the best we can find I don't hold out much hope .

I think with 3-4 first team ready signings it's definitely possible. Like many i'd like to see them asap, but i'd also rather wait rather than fill the squad with rammell. Even if we only get another 1-2 in permanently before the season actually starts.

The attendance tonight , 12,202 I think they announced , was the attendance against Portsmouth 12,500 ? because there certainly looked more tonight than against Pompey .

I think with 3-4 first team ready signings it's definitely possible. Like many i'd like to see them asap, but i'd also rather wait rather than fill the squad with rammell. Even if we only get another 1-2 in permanently before the season actually starts.
    I couldn't agree more. Once you've spent your money you've spent it. If you haven't you've got options. It's just a pity we can't get players on buy now pay later!

Agree about the rammell! I'm hoping AH will be better at cherry-picking than his predecessor.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast