+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Notts vs. Forest Match Thread

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    The attendance tonight , 12,202 I think they announced , was the attendance against Portsmouth 12,500 ? because there certainly looked more tonight than against Pompey .
    12,184 so we beat it tonight by 18.

My read on the game is as follows.... Tootle and Jones were at times exposed out wide, but kept to their guns, so fair play. Duffy was better than Hollis, he might not win many headers but is brave as an ox. Hewitt was on his own in the middle as the trialist didn't offer a great deal. The 2 wide lads at times had joy going forward, and I think in League 2 they will create. Ameobi was the pick of the front 2, his first touch at times was utter class. None of the subs stood out, Forte showed exceptional pace on a couple of occasions and should have done better with his big chance.
    All in all a decent game against a technically good side who at times took the piss with their passing and movement. Luckily the finishing was up to standard. Cummins had 2 glaring opportunities of note in the first half. Game could easily have been 5-3...
    Oh and if there was only 12k there, I will show AH my arse.

Quote Originally Posted by CmonU***yStylishPies View Post
    12,184 so we beat it tonight by 18.
    Many thanks ,I thought there was more tonight even if was only 18

A better performance that I expected to be honest, especially when you consider that from those on the pitch in last 20 odd minutes only Milsom would be expected to make the first team. Apart from Forte and Dicko, the other 8 were a coach, triallists and youth players. We created enough decent chances to have spoiled their clean sheet.

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    My read on the game is as follows.... Tootle and Jones were at times exposed out wide, but kept to their guns, so fair play. Duffy was better than Hollis, he might not win many headers but is brave as an ox. Hewitt was on his own in the middle as the trialist didn't offer a great deal. The 2 wide lads at times had joy going forward, and I think in League 2 they will create. Ameobi was the pick of the front 2, his first touch at times was utter class. None of the subs stood out, Forte showed exceptional pace on a couple of occasions and should have done better with his big chance.
    All in all a decent game against a technically good side who at times took the piss with their passing and movement. Luckily the finishing was up to standard. Cummins had 2 glaring opportunities of note in the first half. Game could easily have been 5-3...
    I thought it looked closer to 13k if not more judging by the Pompey game .

Decent game to watch for a training match.

Forest's extra class was abundantly obvious. The way a Championship team controls the ball first time, the pass and move is different class to anything in L2 or L1. They always seemed to have another gear to go up to.

I know Notts were up against a vastly superior team but their lack of pace all over the pitch (despite the promise of a fast exciting team), lack of goal threat and at times an all at sea defence really concerns me.

AH stated recently that anything less than the playoffs would be a disappointment.
    From what I have seen so far Notts are nowhere near that level. Another 4 or 5 better players may address that though.

Overall a good game to watch in a good atmosphere.

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    What makes you think it would be worth looking at?

I thimk the attendance last night must be the biggest for a Meadow Lane friendly in 40 odd years, it was slightly more than than the numbers who turned out for Sven. I guess the main reason for it is that Fword fans have got their enthusiasm back following their takeover.

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    I thimk the attendance last night must be the biggest for a Meadow Lane friendly in 40 odd years, it was slightly more than than the numbers who turned out for Sven. I guess the main reason for it is that Fword fans have got their enthusiasm back following their takeover.
    A good turnout from the reds but also from Notts, I believe that officially they had approx 6,500 & we had approx 5,700 (we know there were a few reds hidden amongst us) this means that nigh on 100% of our average home crowd turned up & about 33% of theirs, very good for a friendly.

Quote Originally Posted by Proudpie View Post
    Decent game to watch for a training match.

Forest's extra class was abundantly obvious. The way a Championship team controls the ball first time, the pass and move is different class to anything in L2 or L1. They always seemed to have another gear to go up to.
    Difficult to know what to make of their prospects after last night's game. I take your point about the impressive passing and movement, but most of the neat little triangle stuff was in their own half where they always had a numerical advantage. They enjoyed the bulk of possession, and passed it out from the back with ease, but seemed to overplay it a bit up front. Most of their corners ended up being played back to the halfway line. What must be worrying for them is the amount of good chances we created with a weakened team. I doubt Championship strikers will be as wasteful as our lot were!

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast