+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Notts vs. Forest Match Thread

Certainly wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. My thoughts on the game:

- Forest had a lot of joy down the flanks, with our fullbacks regularly exposed. Doubt we'll encounter opposition like them in the league though.

- Ameobi is a beast. Great player at L2 level. But perhaps him and Stead are too similar. Why not play Forte for his pace and rotate Stead and Ameobi?

- Hawkridge looked alright. Got in a few decent crosses and looked fairly comfortable on the ball. Should be fine in L2.

- Our lack of strength in depth was really exposed last night. We don't want to find ourselves in a position where substitutions weaken the side.

- Despite having no pace upfront and not much possession, we created a decent amount of chances and should really have scored 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Difficult to know what to make of their prospects after last night's game. I take your point about the impressive passing and movement, but most of the neat little triangle stuff was in their own half where they always had a numerical advantage. They enjoyed the bulk of possession, and passed it out from the back with ease, but seemed to overplay it a bit up front. Most of their corners ended up being played back to the halfway line. What must be worrying for them is the amount of good chances we created with a weakened team. I doubt Championship strikers will be as wasteful as our lot were!
    Always very difficult to judge a teams prospects in a friendly but I was very surprised at the amount of clear chances we created, like most I went half expecting a right tonking but it was never that.

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    - Ameobi is a beast. Great player at L2 level. But perhaps him and Stead are too similar. Why not play Forte for his pace and rotate Stead and Ameobi?
    I don't think Stead and Ameobi are the same type of striker at all. Stead is best when running towards goal, he's a great finisher. But he's not good in the air and seems weak at times.

Ameobi is good as a hold up man and can play effectively with his back to goal. He has some lovely touches to put other played in beyond him. He is a a beast and will be important for us.

Forte has plenty of pace, but we all saw last night that his finishing is poor. I guess that's why he keeps getting played on the wing? He did put a couple of nice crosses in.

I think we need another finisher and another target man. #greedy

Thoughts of Chairman Nolo post Forest.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bufuOK_6w

We won. How boring...

But you'll get Grant and that's good.

Lewis Alessandra, (don't call me Sandra), post match.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gFK_4QSw-Hg

Quote Originally Posted by Romanis View Post
    We won. How boring...
    Im confused here now... when fans say Notts on here are they talking about County or Florist ?.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Im confused here now... when fans say Notts on here are they talking about County or Florist ?.
    County , Forest don't like being called " Notts " they prefer Nottingham

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast