+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T New retirement age....

Quote Originally Posted by millmoormagic View Post
    All well and good, but you're assuming that everyone who has worked all their life has had a private pension, indeed, has been in a job that actually pays good enough for them to put into a private pension at all. So, the many hundreds of thousnds who really are relying on the state pension then it really is make or break.

I know things will change eventually with people having to get a workplace pension now, which is a good thing in my view, but it will take a couple of generations to filter through.

For 5T, i kind of agree with you about how we nanny our way around obesity and smoking etc, but the cost of obesity and smoking on the health service is absolutely massive, so we can't really just let these things ride can we.

Just a final note to those jumping all over the immigrant issue, i'll just point out, again, that immigrants give a NETT CONTRIBUTION to British society, please try to leave your prejudices in the box until you know what you're talking about.
    Predudice? I'm talking factual Fella when I say they breed like rats with no morale compass on how they raise their off spring who will then follow in their parents footsteps

Blinkered response again when the immigrant point is raised....😴😴😴

NETT CONTRIBUTION? expand and enlighten us please

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Blinkered response again when the immigrant point is raised....������

NETT CONTRIBUTION? expand and enlighten us please
    Haha, the only blinkered response is yours, plainly...the facts are that immigrants put MORE into the treasury through the taxes they pay etc etc etc than they take out through benefits etc etc etc...

Should be no immigrants on benefits in this country. Think into the future, our own people can't even if they reach that age don't get there state pension while could be 70 then. Immigrants cause they have never worked will be living while they are a 100. Working class by that I mean manual workers will be ready to retire at 60. Get Donald Trump running USA & the UK, cause he'd f*ck the immigrants off.

MM have you ever seen immigrants do any manual work. Cause I've worked with them. No work in them. East Euro's same.
    Last edited by gwru; 20-07-2017 at 12:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gwru View Post
    Should be no immigrants on benefits in this country. Think into the future, our own people can't even if they reach that age don't get there state pension while could be 70 then. Immigrants cause they have never worked will be living while they are a 100. Working class by that I mean manual workers will be ready to retire at 60. Get Donald Trump running USA & the UK, cause he'd f*ck the immigrants off.
    What a f*cking idiot.

My understanding is that on the whole is that immigrants pay in more in taxes, than use public services, and are les s likely to be claiming out of work benefits than the general population. So if they all left tomorrow, there would be less in the government coffers , and maybe give them an excuse to put the retirement age even further.
    Basically the government is hoping to save money by more of us conking out before we reach retirement age

Haha, the only blinkered response is yours, plainly...the facts are that immigrants put MORE into the treasury through the taxes they pay etc etc etc than they take out through benefits etc etc etc...
    The ones who are working do pay in I'm talking of countless thousands that come over here both legal/illegal who pay feck all spawn kids like it's a past time and do feck all work.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    And what will most of the immigrants have paid into taxes and National insurance contributions by the time they reach retirement age?

Andy's right in that he along with others may well not get to reach 68 so all their contributions will be to support an over run country of immigrants and their millions of off springs who breed like rats
    Not a bean will be paid by a lot of them.

Pay nothing in, take everything out.

Yes some will work but a lot will not.

You reap what you sow and sadly we're still not learning that lesson

What a f*cking idiot.
    You are the f*cking idiot cause I've worked in heavy engineering all my life. Worked with Muslims, waste of breath. East euro's the same. These immigrants there'll be no work involved, whatever they are doing. While our own people work themselves into an early grave.

Quote Originally Posted by kempo View Post
    Although I am not a fan mikemiller makes the point the government seem to miss completely.

We are living longer well that's just ended but up to now say but the majority of people over 60 suffer significant ill health and much of ill health would prevent work.

We will save on pensions but much more will be paid in sickness benefits with working class pre pensioners struggling the most.

Prices will increase to cover costs to employers and small businesses will be damaged.

How many 67 year olds can be shinning up scaffolding and so on and so on.

We then have the reduction in jobs for young people.

It's another disaster waiting to happen and another can kicked down the road by a government that seem incapable of making a sensible decision.

Because you are not dead does not equate to being fit to work down a coal mine!...well you know what I mean.
    gree with most of that kempo

I certainly couldn't continue to do the same quantity of work at 68 due to the nature of the industry I've been in. In fact I see a surgeon tomorrow to fix a date for an operation on an injury caused through the physical nature of my work.

I also heard that life expectancy had levelled out. It was said that a contributing facture could be the lower investisment into the NHS.

When my granddad was alive there were more men that died within a couple fo years of retirement. How much money has people not dieing within the normal period cost the country?

I take it you've never been to Eastwood then?

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast