+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T New retirement age....

O/T New retirement age....

So, when all stats point to the fact that the life expectancy in the UK has stalled for the first time in 100 years, alongside the fact that this evil gov't has once again increased the pension age to 68...can we deduce from these facts that the tories are in fact actively killing us to save money, in a roundabout way?

That's how it looks to me, plain as day.The moral is, never vote for these horrible *******s......

Quote Originally Posted by millmoormagic View Post
    So, when all stats point to the fact that the life expectancy in the UK has stalled for the first time in 100 years, alongside the fact that this evil gov't has once again increased the pension age to 68...can we deduce from these facts that the tories are in fact actively killing us to save money, in a roundabout way?

That's how it looks to me, plain as day.The moral is, never vote for these horrible *******s......

How about considering the fact that the retirement age has been static for many many years whilst life expectancy has increased drastically....therefore these changes are just a consequence of that and rebalancing the economy.

We can't keep going back to the magic money tree.....John McDonald identified on Sunday that the tree is dead given that the Labour commitment to sort out historic student debt has now been revised to a vague intention.

Quote Originally Posted by Donald_Valley View Post
    How about considering the fact that the retirement age has been static for many many years whilst life expectancy has increased drastically....therefore these changes are just a consequence of that and rebalancing the economy.

We can't keep going back to the magic money tree.....John McDonald identified on Sunday that the tree is dead given that the Labour commitment to sort out historic student debt has now been revised to a vague intention.
    What about considering the fact that,
    Folk have paid in for X amount of years and should be treat in exactly the same manner as someone with the same circumstances who was born a year earlier....

Ah, but what really happened, as i suspect you know but you're just being cheeky, is that in the Labour party manifesto the promise was to scrap tuition fees, and have an 'ambition' to abolish historical debts....but don't let facts get in the way of your agenda eh.

Quote Originally Posted by millmoormagic View Post
    What about considering the fact that,
    Folk have paid in for X amount of years and should be treat in exactly the same manner as someone with the same circumstances who was born a year earlier....

Ah, but what really happened, as i suspect you know but you're just being cheeky, is that in the Labour party manifesto the promise was to scrap tuition fees, and have an 'ambition' to abolish historical debts....but don't let facts get in the way of your agenda eh.
    The age at which people can claim state pensions, old age free bus passes, etc has been going UP under Blairite Labour, Tories and LibDems. Corbyn should now campaign to reduce the "official" retirement age to 60.
    The Tories were already doing badly with younger voters leading up to the election - this bombshell -WHICH WAS NEVER MENTIONED IN THE TORIES' ELECTION MANIFESTO would have lost them even more votes. More cynical and deceitful stuff from Mrs May and her cronies.

What makes me laugh is the pensioners who actually voted for Torys knew that they were being targeted before the election and still voted for them. And get this 80% of the time when you ask a pensioner why they vote for the party they voted for they say " I voted ........... because iv always voted ......." with voters like that we are well and truly f@@@ed

Don't even get me started on the properganda campaign of Rupert Murdocks and the corrupt BBC Tory kiss asses

Quite laughable all this "evil Tories" stuff.

Adjustment of the retirement age is purely a mathematical calculation, an attempt to balance the books.

It would be a very irresponsible government that made no changes.

People are living longer and don't forget we're regularly adding extra population due to immigration.

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Quite laughable all this "evil Tories" stuff.

Adjustment of the retirement age is purely a mathematical calculation, an attempt to balance the books.

It would be a very irresponsible government that made no changes.

People are living longer and don't forget we're regularly adding extra population due to immigration.
    Absolutely. Adjustments have to be made. Unfortunately some people will come out sightly worse off...I will be one of them. But, if we sit and do nothing then the later generations will suffer much much more.

But the usuals can't see beyond the Party Politics.

Quote Originally Posted by Donald_Valley View Post
    Absolutely. Adjustments have to be made. Unfortunately some people will come out sightly worse off...I will be one of them. But, if we sit and do nothing then the later generations will suffer much much more.

But the usuals can't see beyond the Party Politics.
    So why wasn't this in the Tory manifesto, if it sn't controversial? Feeble Tory excuse (HI, Kempo!)

So you're happy to have 68 year old teachers, firefighters, hospital workers etc. ? Just because people may be living longer (certainly the rich are!) it doesn't mean that they will be capable of working longer to the same standard - in fact, they almost definitely WON'T be able to do so in nearly all cases

I was going to join in with this thread but the aggression has started on page one so think I will give it a miss. Gl fellaz

People tell me I waste **** loads of money on ale but it turns out I actually waste **** loads of money on a pension I'll never see and Ian Beale's wages.
    Ale isn't even in the top 2.

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast