+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: This makes better reading

This makes better reading

Top three players today - Leeds now report

Ezgjan Alioski – Alioski and Roofe started the game in the wide positions and it’s worth mentioning we have much more width as a team under Christiansen so far than we did under Monk. Roofe was by no means poor, but Alioski showed some ridiculous pace and trickery, with the final delivery to match. More surprisingly, he had no issues with the boring side of the game either. You can tell he used to play left-back, he tracked back well and put in some tackles, although one resulted in a freekick which was superbly put away. For a real first opinion of him, he looks good.

Kalvin Phillips – Phillips started alongside Eunan O’Kane in the midfield and put in a strong showing. The first half was by far the better of the game, before the sheer amount of subs ruined it slightly. Kalvin was a major reason for Leeds’ dominance in that half, he kept things ticking and played a lot further forward than he was doing last season. If you’d only watched Phillips last season you might think he doesn’t have any prowess going forward but that simply isn’t the case, he possesses a great shot and on his day is one of the better passers in the squad. He hit the bar with a freekick that would have been an absolute peach if it had been a few inches to the right, which Chris Wood somehow failed to convert from the rebound.

Matthew Pennington – He came on at half-time and he just looked almost like it was easy for him. You could tell from the get-go that he’s extremely comfortable on the ball for a centre-back and very solid in the air. He definitely looks a step ahead of Cooper, which may be harsh after just 45 minutes of football, but that’s the impression I get. There was a moment where Cooper headed the ball clumsily towards his own area and Pennington absolutely dominated his opponent in the air and won the ball, that sold him to me.

Good to see.

Can't grumble with that, and 2 of the 3 are young and English, can't be bad!

Yip, better story, and if we nick the pair of Bristol boys we'll be ready to rumble.

I'm really looking g forward to having our squad finalised ready for the Bolton match, then we can see who's in the running for regularly being in that 18 each match

Quote Originally Posted by CLIVETHELEEDSFAN View Post
    Can't grumble with that, and 2 of the 3 are young and English, can't be bad!
    "like"

Quote Originally Posted by CLIVETHELEEDSFAN View Post
    I'm really looking g forward to having our squad finalised ready for the Bolton match, then we can see who's in the running for regularly being in that 18 each match
    I am banking on three points from Bolton, they struggled with Fylde the other day in a friendly - ended up nil nil

I'd expect 3 points against Bolton anyway!

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)