+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: O/T golf fans

Another good days golf in really tough conditions. Rory was superb today and seems to have his mojo back. Zach Johnson put in an unbelievable 66 this morning. Poulter was solid as a rock, he has great determination and this could be his time.

I thought Spieth was really going to kop for the worst conditions but the rain came and took the wind away and also softened the greens for him. Grrrr :-(

I reckon its still wide open, Spieth looked great on some holes but average on others, he might well be found out if the wind continues to blow. I'm hoping Rory can continue his charge, it was a pleasure to watch him earlier. This course can be got at, Rorys just the ma to take it on. Having written him off due to his recent dour form i felt his golf yesterday aft was tremendous and showed character so i had a cheeky 5er on him this morning at 25s. Rahm lost the plot the spanish twit. A shoulda known he wouldn't cope in those conditions
    Last edited by pass_and_move; 21-07-2017 at 07:29 PM.

Not fussed who wins just as long as it's not a yank .

Interesting read from yesterday's Mcilroy round , when he was spraying the ball all over Birkdale yesterday early in the round his caddy gave him a right boll ocking .

" What the hells wrong with you blah blah blah , wake up for gods sake "

" aye whatever " and stormed off down the fairway looking for his ball .

Never heard of this before ,

It seemed to work though as admitted by Rory himself .

I can think of many players who would have sacked Fitzgerald straight after the round .

Fair play to Fitzgerald , not many would had the balls to do that carrying a top bag and a good cut of Mcilroy's earnings .

I love a cracking game of crazy golf Pass, but I normally have to cheat a bit when it comes to that bit with the big windmill.

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Not fussed who wins just as long as it's not a yank .

Interesting read from yesterday's Mcilroy round , when he was spraying the ball all over Birkdale yesterday early in the round his caddy gave him a right boll ocking .

" What the hells wrong with you blah blah blah , wake up for gods sake "

" aye whatever " and stormed off down the fairway looking for his ball .

Never heard of this before ,

It seemed to work though as admitted by Rory himself .

I can think of many players who would have sacked Fitzgerald straight after the round .

Fair play to Fitzgerald , not many would had the balls to do that carrying a top bag and a good cut of Mcilroy's earnings .

True mate but it was the right thing to do because I've never seen Rory laik as bad as he did in that front 9 yesterday.

Rory could've sulked, gone round in 80 and missed the cut. Caddy took a risk but lets face it, he simply gave him a few home truths and said what needed saying, i admire that. Some things aren't always about money and the way i see it is that caddies don't always get the respect they deserve. It's a difficult job and they play a big big part in a golfers life.

If Rory goes on to win then he has a lot to thank him for. Whatever was said has worked a treat. Seeing Rory laik magestic golf on that back 9 set the tone for today and hopefully for the weekend

Having watched the early starters today I'd say a very low score is in the offing. They've moved some tees forward to tempt the players, the wind is down, the greens are moist and can be attacked, the rough is patchy and not too punishing. If conditions stay the same i reckon we may well see something special today.

Unfortunately that may well rule out some of the older players because their experience in handling links golf and the tricky conditions is to their advantage over the young guns, Mcilroy and speith. They hit the ball high and long. Its all set up for them.

Matt Kuchar looks to me to have all the shots and a great temperament. Bubba Watson could be very dangerous in these conditions, he's fascinating to watch, a real off the cuff type of player with some absolute brilliance in his locker at times.

I think poulter may go steady but not spectacular. I think he probably opened the curtains of his hotel room this morning, looked out of the window and thought ffs. I hope I'm wrong cos I'd love to see him win this.

Woodland and Mcilroy will be a good watch. There's plenty to look forward to. Can someone come from the periphery and shoot a very low score? This is the beauty of the Open, the jeckyll and hyde nature of links golf and the changing conditions. Best major there is, no doubt about it

Hows save my par Rose going on. Is he starting to attack any pins. Or os he playing his usual dour game?

Quote Originally Posted by Ponte_Steve24 View Post
    Hows save my par Rose going on. Is he starting to attack any pins. Or os he playing his usual dour game?

Had a bad start mate and 3 putted the 1st, he's not pulling any trees up to be honest. Not been a good week for him.

I said there's a good score out there today but in defence of this course i have to say that the pot bunkers on the fairways are penalising if you go in them. They're strategically placed and will swallow up anything that strays 20 yards offline. It's refreshing to see because the pro's are so adept out of sand it's barely a punishment when they go in them these days. This course is well thought out considering its age. One of my favourite Open venues

I think Speith will take some stopping. Once he's in the right frame of mind he's hard to beat.
    Having said that, shortening a few holes and the easy conditions could see some put pressure on him before he tees off.
    McIlroy could shoot anything today.
    As for someone coming from way back I've had a tenner each way on Fowler at 50/1 first 6. He's a streaky player that could go low and has a good attitude.
    Some days all his puts seem to drop, others none of them do.
    I wouldn't mind some Yanks winning.
    Nobody can dislike Kucher. Fowler's a good kid & Charley Hoffman is a one off.
    It's the Koreans that I can't be doing with. Absolutely no emotions.

Quote Originally Posted by Hodger1957 View Post
    I think Speith will take some stopping. Once he's in the right frame of mind he's hard to beat.
    Having said that, shortening a few holes and the easy conditions could see some put pressure on him before he tees off.
    McIlroy could shoot anything today.
    As for someone coming from way back I've had a tenner each way on Fowler at 50/1 first 6. He's a streaky player that could go low and has a good attitude.
    Some days all his puts seem to drop, others none of them do.
    I wouldn't mind some Yanks winning.
    Nobody can dislike Kucher. Fowler's a good kid & Charley Hoffman is a one off.
    It's the Koreans that I can't be doing with. Absolutely no emotions.
    Fowler seems to creep under the radar, less pressure on him now because he faltered on the back 9 yesterday but like you say, a good round today and he's back in contention. He's already proven that he can win from behind so it could be a good shout that Hodger.

Have to agree about the asian players, robotic would be my choice of word to describe them.

That was some rarnd from Brandon Grace , shoots an historic first 62 in a major , and looked so calm abart it all great display lad , Mcilroy made a great start anorl , i hope Poulter shoots a low scooar nar, got to say Birkdale looks in tip top condition too ,

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast