+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: O/T golf fans

O/T golf fans

It's one o my favourite weekends int spooartin calendar. Who we fancying forrit?

A tell thee summat it really is ennybuggas this year. It'd be nice to see a Brit win it, in fact last Englishman to wint Oppen wo Faldo in 92.

Young Tommy Fleetwood looks promising and put up a good show int us open. Justin Rose is another english chance, he likes this cooarse n all. Rory looks way art o sorts, dont fancy him at all. John Rahm is my shout, very impressed with him.

Art ot yanks I'd go with Rickie Fowler, i reckon its only a matter o time afooar he wins a major.

A few have said Padraig might put in a show but honestly i can't see it. I think its more sentiment than reality in his case.

Am not betting on it till at least friday morning. Unless one of the favourites puts in a 66 or summat low int 1st round then the odds generally stay the same.

Best Brit chance Rose , Fleetwood hopefully gets up theer too, tha reyt wi Fowler Pass , only a matta of time befoor he wins it , that lad has experienced all the big tournaments fo years an dun nowt yet !!! It's all set up forra classic claret jug , played on a superb cooarse , may the best man win !! As long as it not a Yank

Mickleson awlus gives thi a run for thi money on a each way bet .

Rose has a chance , but watch for Garcia nah he's got a major under his belt back on european soil .

That's where my ten spot is going .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Mickleson awlus gives thi a run for thi money on a each way bet .

Rose has a chance , but watch for Garcia nah he's got a major under his belt back on european soil .

That's where my ten spot is going .
    decent shout mate, he seems to play so freely since he brock his major duck.

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    Best Brit chance Rose , Fleetwood hopefully gets up theer too, tha reyt wi Fowler Pass , only a matta of time befoor he wins it , that lad has experienced all the big tournaments fo years an dun nowt yet !!! It's all set up forra classic claret jug , played on a superb cooarse , may the best man win !! As long as it not a Yank
    i always said same wi sergio Roma and i must admit i gid up on him a couple o year ago. Thowt he were a bottler but i wo really chuffed when he proved me wrong int masters.

Fowler has game to win, he's quite consistently in the top 20 of majors, once he wins one he'll get a few

Rahm is my choice as well pass 18/1 I've backed him

Quote Originally Posted by DOOALI View Post
    Rahm is my choice as well pass 18/1 I've backed him
    Good luck wi that mate, am hoping he just stays quietly in contention after first round then al back him. If he's up theer wit leaders after 18 then his odds'll gu darn, if he's 5 shots behind after 18 then i think his price will go up to 25s or beyond. A think I'll chance it

Hmm , Sergio struggled a bit but a good round tomorrow should get him back up the leaderboard , make the cut first priority .

Good round from ' Beef ' today , well played lad .

30mph wind and heavy rain forecast tomorrow .

Spieth and the yanks will love that , not .

Sort some of the wheat from the chaff will that .

A mixed 1st day. Round of the day was poulter for me, although 2 shots worse off than the leaders he had to deal with far worse conditions this morning. He was a hares bredth away from bettering that 67 with a couple of unlucky putts and a great bunker shot on 17 that grazed the holeside.

Rory showed great charachter to put right that horrible front 9. Spieth played flawless, casey impressed, ernie els put in a good 68.

my tip Rahm was steady today, creeping in under the radar. 20/1 he is to win. I'll have some of that thankyou.

windy conditions will churn the leaderboard up tomorrow as Animal sez. I think we'll see how good certain players are in unfamiliar conditions.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast