+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lundstram to sign?

Lundstram to sign?

Looks like this one might be in the bag

BBC Oxford Sport‏ @bbcoxfordsport 14m
    More
    Oxford United captain John Lundstram left out of the squad tonight after a 'proposition' from Sheffield United.
    5 replies . 15 retweets 7 likes

BBC Oxford Sport‏
    @bbcoxfordsport
    Follow
    More
    Pep Clotet will look at paperwork and deal could be finalised tomorrow. #oufc.

George Welch @gwelchh
    Pep Clotet tells us he expects John Lundstram's move to Sheffield United to be finalised tomorrow #oufc #sufc
    10:04 PM - 19 Jul 2017

Quote Originally Posted by blades58 View Post
    George Welch @gwelchh
    Pep Clotet tells us he expects John Lundstram's move to Sheffield United to be finalised tomorrow #oufc #sufc
    10:04 PM - 19 Jul 2017
    Pep Clotet,is that a made up name?

Quote Originally Posted by BlockD View Post
    Pep Clotet,is that a made up name?
    Aint he the new manager that's replaced Appleton, who p1ssed off to be Leicester's assistant to Shakespeare

Quote Originally Posted by Longshortandtall View Post
    Looking likely now. Will be very disappointed if he's instead of Leonard who offers much more as an all round player, hope we are still in the hunt for him. Lundstram will be the one challenging for Coutts place.
    Agree. Underwhelming to say the least. Building a squad with league one players looking to step up. Brilliant if it pays off. I'm sceptical. We need some proven experience. A midfield version of stearman.

Quote Originally Posted by boltonblade View Post
    Agree. Underwhelming to say the least. Building a squad with league one players looking to step up. Brilliant if it pays off. I'm sceptical. We need some proven experience. A midfield version of stearman.
    CW will no doubt be picking targets that he believes can make the step up and whilst that remains to be seen, CW has to be given the benefit of the doubt. He certainly has my support as he's been a revelation since his arrival

Quote Originally Posted by boltonblade View Post
    You say that you agree with LS&T, but surely Leonard would be a League One player looking to step up wouldn't he?

It is my belief that every team is made up of players are are just right for this league, some who are actually better and should be in the leagues above and others who should be in the leagues below. The actual combination determines where the team finishes in the league, so a team may have one player who has the skill to play in a higher league but the fact that the other 10 should be playing in a lower league means that the team will get relegated. Surely it is far better to buy a league 1 player who is on league 1 wages who should be playing in the Championship rather than a Premier League player who is on Premier League wages but should be in the Championship. This is the difference between United and Wednesday, we are after the League 1 players who should be in the Championship and we are paying League 1 prices whereas Wednesday are paying Premier League prices for players who are no better.

U's choose Lundstram as skipper
    John Lundstram is the new captain of Oxford United.

The 22-year-old midfielder takes over the captain’s armband from Jake Wright and told us:

“I’m massively proud to be given the armband. I’ve captained teams in the youth set up for Everton and England and always enjoyed the responsibility. I think it helps my game in some ways but it’s also about the other lads around you. We have a lot of players who have been captains at other clubs and I’m sure when we all get out on the pitch we will all be looking to communicate and help each other.

“I’ve learnt a lot from Jake over the last year. People don’t see the other things he did around the club and the way he helped other people. I will definitely take that on board. I’m really looking forward to it now and can’t wait to lead the team out for the first time.”

Michael Appleton said

“Lunny is still only young but he is a natural leader and all the credentials you need to be a very good captain. I think we have a lot of strong characters in the squad who will all be important, but LUnny will wear the armband and be the skipper.”

Name:  225px-John_Lundstram,_England_U-19_-_Greece_U-19,_12_July_2012_(cropped).jpg
Views: 898
Size:  18.3 KB

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast