+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trialists - Who are ya?

Trialists - Who are ya?

Elliot Hodge - came on for Hawkridge in the second half. Didn't impress me much tbh.

Pierce Bird - Was he the lanky centre back who came on in the second half?

Number 8? - Played in front of the midfield. Played a few passes, but nothing amazing.

Goalkeeper? - Came on for Collin in the second half. Looked like a young Mart Poom. Did okay.

Jordan Richards - Not sure if he's technically a trialist, but he played at the end.

Were there any others? I got confused by the end as most of the youth team were on the pitch too.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveSmithRules View Post
    Elliot Hodge - came on for Hawkridge in the second half. Didn't impress me much tbh.

Number 8? - Played in front of the midfield. Played a few passes, but nothing amazing.

Goalkeeper? - Came on for Collin in the second half. Looked like a young Mart Poom. Did okay.

Jordan Richards - Not sure if he's technically a trialist, but he played at the end.

Were there any others? I got confused by the end as most of the youth team were on the pitch too.
    Jordan is back?......wow that was quick.....I assume you mean JordOn?

See how confusing this all is?

Someone on Twitter has just said the midfielder trialist was Robbie Weir (ex Burton and Leyton Orient) but i'm not convinced. Although my eyesight is pretty bad...

Update - The keeper was probably Ross Fitzsimons (ex Palace and Bolton) and I forgot Callum Saunders (who didn't look much kop).

Source = Leigh Curtis on Twitter earlier in the week: https://twitter.com/LeighCurtis_NP/s...19900213235712

I heard the trialist in midfield was Ryan Taylor. A mate of Nolan's from Newcastle

I think that was Peter Dearle.

Someone on Twitter has just said the midfielder trialist was Robbie Weir (ex Burton and Leyton Orient) but i'm not convinced. Although my eyesight is pretty bad...
    Was a bit of a guess that, now i've seen a better picture of him i'm far less convinced haha.

Definitely wasn't Ryan Taylor, the guy was left footed.

Quote Originally Posted by jacobncfc View Post
    Was a bit of a guess that, now i've seen a better picture of him i'm far less convinced haha.

Definitely wasn't Ryan Taylor, the guy was left footed.
    Fair enough. I wasn't that impressed with him whoever it was

It was Liam Walker, apparently - formerly of Portsmouth, currently of the mighty Europa FC and the Gibraltar national team.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast