+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Trialists - Who are ya?

If it was him.......
    Sheet..
    Better look elsewhere

Quote Originally Posted by DaveSmithRules View Post
    Update - The keeper was probably Ross Fitzsimons (ex Palace and Bolton) and I forgot Callum Saunders (who didn't look much kop).

Source = Leigh Curtis on Twitter earlier in the week: https://twitter.com/LeighCurtis_NP/s...19900213235712
    Have you got a thread all to yourself?

ps Love Left Lion....classic stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveSmithRules View Post
    Elliot Hodge - came on for Hawkridge in the second half. Didn't impress me much tbh.

Pierce Bird - Was he the lanky centre back who came on in the second half?

Number 8? - Played in front of the midfield. Played a few passes, but nothing amazing.

Goalkeeper? - Came on for Collin in the second half. Looked like a young Mart Poom. Did okay.

Jordan Richards - Not sure if he's technically a trialist, but he played at the end.

Were there any others? I got confused by the end as most of the youth team were on the pitch too.
    Pierce Bird didn't play - which is weird as he looked like the one trialist who had looked worth a deal of some description previously. The lanky CB was Dearle, a first year pro.

JordOn Richards is also a first year pro. Last season's Richards has signed for Gainsborough.

The CM who started is probably the most interesting but didn't look a major upgrade on what we have for me. We really need those three proposed signings down the spine of the side to be players who can go straight into the team, having waited all summer under the 'quality over quantity' banner.

Hodge and particularly Saunders seem to be getting a trial because their dads are famous. They've already proved they're not (yet) FL standard; if we're not waiting for the original Jordan Richards, we really shouldn't be signing either.

Quote Originally Posted by freemuzzy View Post
    ...if we're not waiting for the original Jordan Richards, we really shouldn't be signing either.

As far as I am aware we invited Jordan Richards back for pre season but he declined.

Sky Sports says the midfield trialist was Liam Walker, scorer of this goal for Gibraltar vs Greece...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Brs3BL6Ojvc

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    Sky Sports says the midfield trialist was Liam Walker, scorer of this goal for Gibraltar vs Greece...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Brs3BL6Ojvc
    http://www.skysports.com/football/ne...s-number-eight

Ok I know the leagues he has been plying his trade in are no great shakes but his goal scoring record since 2014 is really impressive..

Quote Originally Posted by jacobncfc View Post
    It was Liam Walker, apparently - formerly of Portsmouth, currently of the mighty Europa FC and the Gibraltar national team.
    I watched this guy play earlier this year - he is actually quite good and well regarded. Although obviously the league standard isn't high. But then, neither is ours.

I recall one of Kevin Nolan's observations when releasing Stanley Aborah was that he had bounced around a lot of clubs. Liam Walker would appear to fit into the same category, although some of the clubs Aborah had played for were of significantly higher calibre than the ones Walker has graced.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12