+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Forest Fans Last Night

Quote Originally Posted by BanjoPie View Post
    I can remember 47000 Notts & Forest fans on a Boxing day Meadow Lane derby early 70's
    Your memory is playing tricks - there were 32,310 at that game.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Gates of over 40 ,000 were in the Fifties.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Still half as many again as our current stadium can hold. Oh for a sellout crowd!

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    Now I have never liked and nor will I ever use the word " scum " for our rivals ( I know all closet rivals use it for each other ) I mean I can hardly greet most of the people I grew up with is " a up scumbag " and quite frankly I think its a bit silly !
    Thats an interesting comment, and your right of course that we all look at our neghbouring teams the worst. The word 'scum' shouldn't be used by fans but most of them say it for the Barnsley, Leeds, Sheff Wensday, Sheff United & Rotherham rivalries!

And for any fans who have family and/or friends who support a local rival club, its impossible these days and ill advised as well to try and watch a derby match together.

You must have been able to see that bloke with the yellow jacket on with the " plastic rambos " from the family stand KeepTheMagpieFlyingH ? He got slaughtered by the Forest fans ! If I was him I would have needed the toilet desperately , took my jacket off and gone and sat as far away as possible
    That was great banter from Forest. You wear a jacket like that you deserve what you get.
    Anyone notice he didn't come back out for the second half? Or at least not in that jacket!
    'we want our yellow back, we want our yellow back'

Quote Originally Posted by kill_the_drum View Post
    That was great banter from Forest. You wear a jacket like that you deserve what you get.
    Anyone notice he didn't come back out for the second half? Or at least not in that jacket!
    He wasn't wearing a coat, he was from Lincolnshire.

Now I have never liked and nor will I ever use the word " scum " for our rivals ( I know all closet rivals use it for each other ) I mean I can hardly greet most of the people I grew up with is " a up scumbag " and quite frankly I think its a bit silly ! Walking to the ground last night with my 12 year old son , both with our Notts jackets on , a car full of Forest fans sneered and the kids in the back ( I can forgive kids , kids are kids ) thought it was hilarious then when making the mad dash across the road from the cattle market a group of grown men deliberately stood in our way , through their hands in the air and let out a huge bellow of " you reds " . Just walking around the ground you get the feeling their fans think they are superior ( I know their team is unfortunately ) to us . And what was that about , some of their fans being cheered after being evicted from the Kop for daring to sit with their workmates ! I know all clubs have their idiots but it has always seemed to me Forest have more than their fair share . Just a couple more points , I wouldn't have liked to have been that bloke in the yellow jacket on the Kop , now that was banter, we where sat in the Pavis stand closer to the Family Stand and we could see him ! Last point on Forest fans , I remember sitting with a bunch of my mates who where Forest season tickets holders ( one couldn't make it so had given me his for the day ) when they played Notts a lifetime ago now . When Notts scored ,Richard Dryden I think it was in a 1-1 draw I was the only one who jumped up in a sea of red ! I didn't half take some fearful and quite nasty stick to be honest and that was just not only from my mates !! Anyway , it was a great day , they absolutely battered us but I took great delight winding them up " on the balance of play a draw was a fair result " I could see the steam coming from their ears
    A few seasons ago my mate a die hard Notts fan bought his father in law who supported Stags to a local derby game and sat in the Pavis. When Stags scored he jumped up and got all sorts of abuse from those around him and he was a bloke in his 70s. It's not just Forest fans who are like it.

Quote Originally Posted by kill_the_drum View Post
    I didn't notice him later on and he was hard to miss ! What I found funny as well is I am sure he was with that group of " plastic rambos " who marched purposely up the steps of the Kop like they where going to try and get at the Forest fans ( probably had enough of them taking the piss ) only to be quickly marched back down again by the police

Forest obviously have a much larger fan base than us, so even if their percentage of idiot fans is the same as ours, they tend to be more noticeable. After the hooligan problems of the 1970's and 80's there was a real crackdown on the neanderthal element that infected the game, but in recent years I think the police and football authorities have taken their foot off the pedal a bit and there's a new, young generation of potential trouble-makers starting to think they can act up again, like we saw at Field Mill the other season. The powers that be need to resume the zero tolerance approach and nip it in the bud before these juveniles become adults and present more of a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    Forest obviously have a much larger fan base than us, so even if their percentage of idiot fans is the same as ours, they tend to be more noticeable. After the hooligan problems of the 1970's and 80's there was a real crackdown on the neanderthal element that infected the game, but in recent years I think the police and football authorities have taken their foot off the pedal a bit and there's a new, young generation of potential trouble-makers starting to think they can act up again, like we saw at Field Mill the other season. The powers that be need to resume the zero tolerance approach and nip it in the bud before these juveniles become adults and present more of a problem.
    Forest obviously have a bigger fan base than us but I think for every 100 fans we have , there is one idiot , for every 100 they have, there is 2 .

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast