+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Forest Fans Last Night

Quote Originally Posted by kill_the_drum View Post
    That was great banter from Forest. You wear a jacket like that you deserve what you get.
    Anyone notice he didn't come back out for the second half? Or at least not in that jacket!
    'we want our yellow back, we want our yellow back'
    He was thrown out of the ground and told by the police to get away from the ground for is own safety.

Quote Originally Posted by nay123 View Post
    He was thrown out of the ground and told by the police to get away from the ground for is own safety.
    And told never to return again dressed as a banana .

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    Take a bow. Brilliant!

Classic

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Your memory is playing tricks - there were 32,310 at that game.
    l

If you have the stats then I bow to your superior knowledge. I do remember having 'double vision' in one eye at the time

Quote Originally Posted by BanjoPie View Post
    I can remember 47000 Notts & Forest fans on a Boxing day Meadow Lane derby early 70's - I don't think the fans were even segregated back then and there was no trouble between fans because thats what they were back then 'fans' not bloody hooligans.
    Well, you might remember it as 47000, but it was actually 32000. And as for hooligans, were you there in the 70s? It was far, far worse back then, and Forest had more than their fair share.

Sorry, mised Elite's post, which is correct.

Forest obviously have a bigger fan base than us but I think for every 100 fans we have , there is one idiot , for every 100 they have, there is 2 .
    I used to watch them in the early to mid 70s when Notts were away, to collect autographs after the game. They had smaller crowds than us at the time (just 9,995 average in 1973), and I saw their fans at close quarters. I would say for every 100 they had back then, 50 were idiots. The other 50 were just morons.

Quote Originally Posted by Bohinen View Post
    I used to watch them in the early to mid 70s when Notts were away, to collect autographs after the game. They had smaller crowds than us at the time (just 9,995 average in 1973), and I saw their fans at close quarters. I would say for every 100 they had back then, 50 were idiots. The other 50 were just morons.
    Maths, along with English History Geography and Science was never a strong subject off mine .

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234