+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Grant to sign?

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    There's a big difference between AH saying what he'd like to try and do to saying "there WILL be two signings next week" two weeks ago following another failure and a withdrawn tweet.

I will maintain an objection to his arguing with fans and supporters and refusing even to see any other point of view other than his own. It's his money, he can do what he wants but that doesn't negate other opinions.

The memories of RT are still too fresh, the ambitions, the fawning, the public statement, and eventually the frustrations and impatience. Folk going around with "IN ALAN WE TRUST" and "A BREATH OF FRESH AIR" forget what was being said a few short years ago.

If a business leader, any (reputable) business leader makes a clear statement akin to a promise I expect it to be fulfilled. If he doesn't have full control over the circumstances then don't make the promise. But he doesn't see anything wrong with that: "Thanks ��. You must live in a very secure world where nothing changes ����. Just putting it out there ����"

And take your hand out of your pocket young man - you might then be able to type more sense.

Glad he's got Grant, do hope next week's signing turn out to be better than scotch mist, not apologising for expecting better that JonnyT type rumours from the man at the top. Av a good weegend mate, don't forget the aeroguard.
    Yes, all of that, and also, whilst Grant's signing is a big positive, it doesn't alter the fact that we still need a centre back, central midfielder and someone who can score a goal. I like Shola a lot, but Shola and Stead doesn't work for me. Forte will never score more than 10 per season, even if he played, which he won't.

As for this apologise crap, people speak as they find it. Today is an improvement.

Quote Originally Posted by Bohinen View Post
    Yes, all of that, and also, whilst Grant's signing is a big positive, it doesn't alter the fact that we still need a centre back, central midfielder and someone who can score a goal. I like Shola a lot, but Shola and Stead doesn't work for me. Forte will never score more than 10 per season, even if he played, which he won't.

As for this apologise crap, people speak as they find it. Today is an improvement.
    Perhaps the lesson of today is patience, and not keep some supporters happy with signing any old crap to appease them. Keep the faith.

Quote Originally Posted by keldsyke View Post
    Perhaps the lesson of today is patience, and not keep some supporters happy with signing any old crap to appease them. Keep the faith.
    Great news that we've got Jorge Grant back for the full season (hopefully). It will be interesting to see where KN plays him - he seemed a bit lightweight when we played him in the center last season, but maybe the reason we managed to get him is because we told Forest/JG that's where we'll be looking to play him and that clinched the deal.

Now we need two commanding but agile centre halves, a ball-winner in the middle of the park and a pacy, fox-in-the-box forward. If we get all of those for when we start against Coventry in August, I'll take my hat off to AH and say it's been a successful summer. Until then, sorry but I'm still reserving judgment.

Sorry, but #faith #trust doesn't cut it for me. I want to see #players in the #team before I part with my money, as a paying spectator. It's great that we've signed Jorge Grant, but he's not a CM and the spine of the team remains an issue, as KN himself has stated.

Sorry, but #faith #trust doesn't cut it for me. I want to see #players in the #team before I part with my money
    So you only want to go on your terms? The phrase that keeps coming up in a lot of threads is ' spoilt '. I think a lot of supporters forget that we are a low end league 2 club that nearly folded last Christmas. I suggest we get behind what we have this season or two and get some stability rather than throwing toys out the pram because it's not what you want.

So you only want to go on your terms? The phrase that keeps coming up in a lot of threads is ' spoilt '. I think a lot of supporters forget that we are a low end league 2 club that nearly folded last Christmas. I suggest we get behind what we have this season or two and get some stability rather than throwing toys out the pram because it's not what you want.
    I suggest you mind your own business. Funds for my family are limited and I will not waste them on watching something I don't enjoy. I have seen too many good Notts sides over the years to settle for dross.

You seem to imagine that paying to watch football matches is some kind of obligation. It isn't, it is a choice.

I suggest you mind your own business. Funds for my family are limited and I will not waste them on watching something I don't enjoy. I have seen too many good Notts sides over the years to settle for dross.

You seem to imagine that paying to watch football matches is some kind of obligation. It isn't, it is a choice.
    What a pathetic post, sport is about competing against an opponent, in no way ( unless it's rigged ) will you go to an event pay your entrance fee and guarantee the outcome. Sometimes you win sometimes you lose.

Whats even more remarkable is that you've wrote the team off before the season and transfer window have started and finished. Get a grip, and try a bit of positivity.
    Last edited by keldsyke; 21-07-2017 at 08:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    There's a big difference between AH saying what he'd like to try and do to saying "there WILL be two signings next week" two weeks ago following another failure and a withdrawn tweet.

I will maintain an objection to his arguing with fans and supporters and refusing even to see any other point of view other than his own. It's his money, he can do what he wants but that doesn't negate other opinions.

The memories of RT are still too fresh, the ambitions, the fawning, the public statement, and eventually the frustrations and impatience. Folk going around with "IN ALAN WE TRUST" and "A BREATH OF FRESH AIR" forget what was being said a few short years ago.

If a business leader, any (reputable) business leader makes a clear statement akin to a promise I expect it to be fulfilled. If he doesn't have full control over the circumstances then don't make the promise. But he doesn't see anything wrong with that: "Thanks 👍. You must live in a very secure world where nothing changes 😂😂. Just putting it out there 👍👍"

And take your hand out of your pocket young man - you might then be able to type more sense.

Glad he's got Grant, do hope next week's signing turn out to be better than scotch mist, not apologising for expecting better that JonnyT type rumours from the man at the top. Av a good weegend mate, don't forget the aeroguard.
    If you cant see the difference between AH and RT you 'aint too bright sunshine. RT arrived with a fairly bad rep due to the Lincoln debacle and was certainly no marketer thats for sure. If you also think football is a normal business and there are such things as bonafide promises you are also a little mad. Granted AH needs to tone it down a bit but people jumping down his throat as soon as its not all roses is frankly laughable. He 'aint perfect but my lord he's trying hard.

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    If you cant see the difference between AH and RT you 'aint too bright sunshine.
    No sunshine here today mate - you got thunder?

Both have said similar things at the beginning. Both had good luck for the first few months. Both said Championship in 5yrs. Both wanted to be open and transparent with supporters.

RT arrived with a fairly bad rep due to the Lincoln debacle
    Still unclear what that was all about.

and was certainly no marketer thats for sure.
    Marketeer or spin? Both had tactics to sell tickets selling scotch mist.

If you also think football is a normal business and there are such things as bonafide promises you are also a little mad.
    So next time AH says "We're signing two next week" I'll put it down as a JonnyT rumour then. I don't mind him saying "we're hoping to ... ", "we are pursuing two ... ".

Granted AH needs to tone it down a bit but people jumping down his throat as soon as its not all roses is frankly laughable. He 'aint perfect but my lord he's trying hard.
    So did RT, for quite a while.

AH can tweet all the aspirations he wants. The less that are fulfilled the more credibility he loses. The more folk question what he said/promised the more tetchy he gets. That's why it is likely to go wrong (who else went that way, mmm - have to think about that). He'll be very busy knocking on doors and promising season ticket refunds (the guy concerned tweeted recently that he still hadn't got it. another promise we can discount?).

A lot of the stuff he tweets is harmless. He's still arguing with disgruntled ladies team folk - really just needs to let that go now - he's said all that can be said so why continue rising to the bait?

What a pathetic post, sport is about competing against an opponent, in no way ( unless it's rigged ) will you go to an event pay your entrance fee and guarantee the outcome. Sometimes you win sometimes you lose.

Whats even more remarkable is that you've wrote the team off before the season and transfer window have started and finished. Get a grip, and try a bit of positivity.
    I think the point is pay's your money to be entertained not the crap defending of the last 3/4 seasons.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast