Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
No sunshine here today mate - you got thunder?

Both have said similar things at the beginning. Both had good luck for the first few months. Both said Championship in 5yrs. Both wanted to be open and transparent with supporters.

Still unclear what that was all about.

Marketeer or spin? Both had tactics to sell tickets selling scotch mist.

So next time AH says "We're signing two next week" I'll put it down as a JonnyT rumour then. I don't mind him saying "we're hoping to ... ", "we are pursuing two ... ".

So did RT, for quite a while.

AH can tweet all the aspirations he wants. The less that are fulfilled the more credibility he loses. The more folk question what he said/promised the more tetchy he gets. That's why it is likely to go wrong (who else went that way, mmm - have to think about that). He'll be very busy knocking on doors and promising season ticket refunds (the guy concerned tweeted recently that he still hadn't got it. another promise we can discount?).

A lot of the stuff he tweets is harmless. He's still arguing with disgruntled ladies team folk - really just needs to let that go now - he's said all that can be said so why continue rising to the bait?
I look at it this way. I can still remember watching on you tube or something similar the RT brigades first press conference following the acquisition. I remember a feeling of dread due to the slightly sarcastic, smug tones over laid and impending message of accounting issues and doom and gloom. The last lot never did it for me TBH right from the get go. I never trusted them. I can understand why anyone would make similarities but to me ( and maybe I am being sucked in) AH comes across as an entirely different kettle of fish. I don't agree with the tweeting twits and I don't think it does him any favours as sometimes in life you do need to back pedal and when it's on the record you look a tweeting twit! Let us hope we learns. We were still getting this from RT at the end "its a race to the finish line". For me first impressions count ( unless I've had 10 pints ) and my first impressions of AH are good. He's paid off debts and actually done stuff like re laying the pitch and fixing the bad debt. My first impressions of RT brigade were never good. He didn't put us into Admin but give what we all know now about the running of the club I am not really sure of the reasons behind that and I am probably not smart enough to understand them. If others were sucked in by it no worries I can understand why. I'm someone who forms an opinion of people based on gut instinct and on face value in the main. Facts can be distorted. Just ask Donald Trump. And no thunder here 'tis the dry season now and we dont get much anymore anyway mainly due to Global Warming!