+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Grant returns to Notts

Quote Originally Posted by Bridg4d_Pie_ View Post
    Its " DEFENCE " by the way, Sidders is back.
    Not to mention the superfluous 'of'.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    Not to mention the superfluous 'of'.
    The superfluous 'of'?

Quote Originally Posted by LaxtonLad View Post
    The superfluous 'of'?
    "but Noble would have been just as good of a fit." The 'of' is not necessary.

Just a bit of banter

Just a bit of banter
    I was hoping someone would pick up on the old "not to mention..." bit, ah well, good old Benny Hill.

Quote Originally Posted by jurgenpie View Post
    Excellent news.
    I'd like to see him as part of a Midfield 5 just behind the striker(s)
    I think Milsom, Thompson and Grant is a decent trio.

Just a bit of banter
    Sorry

Excellent news, I was beginning to think we wouldn't get him back.

I've criticised Hardy and Nolan for letting Richards go and re-signing too many older players, but for getting Jorge back they deserve nothing but praise. This immediately boosts our prospects and captures the imagination much more.

Let's hope Nolan can deliver on the further signings he's promising. At least one big, dominant central defender is absolutely essential, a quality goal-poaching striker is equally important to supplement our ancient looking attack, and we probably do need another creative option in midfield. I'm sure there are much better value options out there than spending big money on Liam Noble.

Quote Originally Posted by KeepTheMagpieFlyingH View Post
    It was looking unlikely that Grant would return..the only reason we turned to Noble. Either would have been suitable for the "Nolan role"..the role he played all his career under Allardyce. He got 10 goals a season in the top flight from mainly second balls off Kevin Davies at Bolton and Andy Carroll at Newcastle and West Ham bouncing free in and around the box. Shola,s the big man at Notts and any player with the engine to get back behind the ball if nothing falls their way will be awarded this role and revel in it. That mans Jorge Grant for now..but Noble would have been just as good of a fit.
    The big difference is barring injuries Grant would play every game where as nut job Noble misses half of it thro' suspension.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast