+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bolton issued with winding up petition by HRC

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyboy501 View Post
    Andy Murray: When he's crap he's Scottish. When he's doing well he's British.

It's a bit like that on this site. When the club are buying players they aren't spending enough and buying better players. "THE BOARD" are crap. When we're talking about other clubs being in ridiculous debt and should be deducted points. "WE" are fantastic coz we are not in the same position (Didnt we do well?).
    are you suggesting we're fickle

for the record I'm proud that we dont overspend. Short sighted hastiness leads to long term disaster. The clubs survival is the no1 priority. If we do have some of the Roberts cash to spend as GG was quoted as saying 2 or 3 weeks ago then I'd expect us to have a player in the pipeline who isn't untried or loaned with all due respect

Pass where has not spending got us? Yes this young and hungry philosophy is working for the time being. It's best thing since sliced bread isn't it? However, this is same club that audhered to ffp two years early penny pinching and buying uncut gems from lower leagues. It back fired big style as we sleep walked into relegation. I'm saying we brought it on ourselves and if we'd spent better between 2011 and 2014 we wouldn't av' gone down in the first place and needed to adopt this new policy/ philosophy.

Quote Originally Posted by Ponte_Steve24 View Post
    Pass where has not spending got us? Yes this young and hungry philosophy is working for the time being. It's best thing since sliced bread isn't it? However, this is same club that audhered to ffp two years early penny pinching and buying uncut gems from lower leagues. It back fired big style as we sleep walked into relegation. I'm saying we brought it on ourselves and if we'd spent better between 2011 and 2014 we wouldn't av' gone down in the first place and needed to adopt this new policy/ philosophy.
    to be fair steve the club wasn't really penny pinching was it? We made financial losses around that time and we got money for Stones, vaz te, davies etc. Don rowing ran a tight ship but ultimately cryne bailed us out time and again with our annual financial losses. Unless our benefactor was willing to put 6 or 7 million quid of his own money in the transfer kitty back in 2011 then i simply can't see any other transfer policy we could've implemented.

Relegation was always on the cards, it still is. Difference now is that our transfer policy has a future whereas back then the club kept papering over the cracks with journeymen who couldn't be sold on. I've said it before mate, it's modern day football that screws this club, not our lack of ambition

I agree mate totally. You mentioned my posts over last year as a general disillusionment with the game and I think your right Pass. I take it out on Barnsley and sometimes I'll concede over things that aren't the clubs fault. However, when I walk up the steps in Ponty end and musics playing and players walk out hairs on back of my neck stand up and i still get emotional. I'm still mad about Barnsley and that bad taste was last season mate. This is a new season which i am looking forward to. It will be first year our lass has a season ticket too. I'm willing to put past behind me. However, if sumat gripes me I post it. I do know it comes across as negative but I'm probably least neagative, defeatist person you'd meat. My frustration is born from being a winner.

Quote Originally Posted by Ponte_Steve24 View Post
    I agree mate totally. You mentioned my posts over last year as a general disillusionment with the game and I think your right Pass. I take it out on Barnsley and sometimes I'll concede over things that aren't the clubs fault. However, when I walk up the steps in Ponty end and musics playing and players walk out hairs on back of my neck stand up and i still get emotional. I'm still mad about Barnsley and that bad taste was last season mate. This is a new season which i am looking forward to. It will be first year our lass has a season ticket too. I'm willing to put past behind me. However, if sumat gripes me I post it. I do know it comes across as negative but I'm probably least neagative, defeatist person you'd meat. My frustration is born from being a winner.

Top lad. Like

Tharra good lad Ponty, av allus thort that , tha wears thi heart on thi sleeve , i admire thi forrit anorl wiv all dun daft posts , particulary when Alcohol has been partaken , keep on doowin wat tha Duz

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    Tharra good lad Ponty, av allus thort that , tha wears thi heart on thi sleeve , i admire thi forrit anorl wiv all dun daft posts , particulary when Alcohol has been partaken , keep on doowin wat tha Duz
    Tha reyt Roma.

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    Tha reyt Roma.

Arz that happened ? It was so good they posted it twice.

Terretts , Terretts alkin****yookill !!! Bruv !!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast