+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Birkdale Open tees off

Birkdale Open tees off

At least they start in good weather, but the forecast isn't great. Anyone going? McIlroy seems to have lost the plot and most the players I knew seem to be in decline. Could Stenson do it again (I'd forgotten he did it last year,)

Current favourites
    12 Jordan Spieth
    14 Rickie Fowler
    Dustin Johnson
    Jon Rahm
    16 Sergio Garcia
    Justin Rose
    18 Hideki Matsuyama

Hoping to nip across on Saturday for the day.

£10.00 on Fowler to win it.

Early Leaderboard
    Poulter -3 in the clubhouse

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/golf/majo...ps/leaderboard

Looks like the weather will affect things.
    End of day has some Brits in the mix.

5 J Spieth (US), B Koepka (US), M Kuchar (US); -4 P Casey (Eng), C Schwartzel (SA); -3 I Poulter (Eng), J Thomas (US), R Bland (Eng), A Connelly (Can), C Hoffman (US), R Cabrera-Bello (Spa)

I play golf, although badly and love The Open. When the weather sets in, as it typically does, it usually sorts out ‘the men from the boys’. Rory redeemed himself on back 9, but the lad has problems with his game………or the 6” between his ears……..the most important club the bag. I expect an experienced guy to take the Claret Jug, The Open is the most difficult major to win, a different animal for sure. Casey has had a solid season so far, don’t count him out.

As a footnote: I know all Canadian golfers, we’ve had 2 winners on PGA Tour this season, but this kid Austin Connelly is unknown to me, finished at 3 under…..reality will set in at some point.

Woke up to wet and windy and now watch the leader board change!

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Hoping to nip across on Saturday for the day.

£10.00 on Fowler to win it.
    Bloody hell BT, you're going to spend good money and a precious day of your life watching some men with sticks, hitting little white balls across some fields ? Is this the same BT that was denigrating some posters for watching Wimbledon, and others for watching the Tour de France ?

Surely not !!

Fantastic sporting occasion yesterday sinkov. Speith was the epitome of resourcefulness and Kucher was magnanimous in defeat. McIlroy should have done so much better and that was a major disappointment for me.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)