+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Transfer spending.

Transfer spending.

I really don't care about breaking our transfer record as long as we get in what we need and they are capable for this coming season of at least keeping us above a relegation battle, leaving Rafa with future funds, if released to build the team up as gradually and steadily as he needs to.

We must, as supporters be pragmatic and patient and realise with prices for players as they are, increasing day by day, it's not an overnight miracle. It's going to take a few seasons building and planning to achieve.

Successful businessmen build their businesses on patience and planning and sometimes calculated risks.

Rebuilding a club from the position we have been allowed to fall to is similar to putting a business onto a safe and sound business footing to compete against the other 17 established businesses in the Premiership as well as the other two who have come up with us.

just look at the players milan have accumulated for 150 mill and the anount

if we spent half that and got 4-5 of the quality they have we would be well placed

its just looking in the right places and having the pulling power

there is loads out there

Quote Originally Posted by pboromag View Post
    just look at the players milan have accumulated for 150 mill and the anount

if we spent half that and got 4-5 of the quality they have we would be well placed

its just looking in the right places and having the pulling power

there is loads out there
    As well there are loads of clubs, some with much bigger budgets than us, in the same market at the same time.

Unfortunately we have Ashley, Charnley and less than a half of that budget.

Sometimes its not about spending huge sums of money its about finding the right players ..We have by far more money to spend than other teams outside the prem ..i´m sick of being touted for average players from england for silly money..i don´t want another french invasion but we only payed 4m for cabaye remember ..i´m worried about our scouting system not being widespread enough.

milan found the right players for the right money
    a few days a go i posted a list of strikers we could get within a decent budget

i also have a list of midfielders and defenders i reckon could do a job here far better than we have

but i get called dillusional for thinking a big club like us should even consider thinking we could attarct these players

i mean who would want to come hera nd play for the toon and rafa

and use us as a stepping stone

Aye but when EVERY other club releases/leaked/guessed at their transfer kitty,this is the money available to buy players..Fat cnut doesnt operate this way,the budget has to cover transfer/wages/agent fees..
    I reckon it must really boil his piss paying footballers wages.

It fecking boils mine..

i also have a list of midfielders and defenders i reckon could do a job here far better than we have

but i get called dillusional for thinking a big club like us should even consider thinking we could attarct these players

i mean who would want to come hera nd play for the toon and rafa

and use us as a stepping stone
    Milan's spend in Millions. 35, 19.5, 17 ,17 ,17, 15.5, 15, 8, 4.8 and 1.

Fatty would be content with the last three but the first seven would give him a heart attack.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...rs-summer.html

I know it's the Tory Tart's Tabloid, the Daily Fail, but they may have got this one right for a change.

i dont say he should spend all that but look at the players they have signed for 10-17 million

wouldnt 3-4 of them be bettrer than the crud we have signed

i dont say he should spend all that but look at the players they have signed for 10-17 million

wouldnt 3-4 of them be bettrer than the crud we have signed
    But then "WHOS GOING TO PAY THEIR FU C KING WAGES!!!!"

Quote Originally Posted by ashingtoon62 View Post
    But then "WHOS GOING TO PAY THEIR FU C KING WAGES!!!!"
    That's the problem here Ash. Before any transfer is sanctioned Ashley factors in the wages and that is the main reason so many of our bids go down the pan and the manager doesn't get the player he wants.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)