+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: heres a wacky suggestion

heres a wacky suggestion

how about getting a couple of strikers in.... totally out there innit.

Striker force next season will be: Bradshaw and Payne in a two. Bradshaw and Ike Turner in a two. Or Payne as a one. Maybe even...Payne, Mallan and Bradshaw as a three. I cant see us signing anyone to be honest. I'd rather sign someone totally left field than some of sh1te out there. If we were going on goals alone Kane Hemmings would be a target

Dunt foget the Lad from Chelsea !! plus Fletcher ???

Quote Originally Posted by Ponte_Steve24 View Post
    Striker force next season will be: Bradshaw and Payne in a two. Bradshaw and Ike Turner in a two. Or Payne as a one. Maybe even...Payne, Mallan and Bradshaw as a three. I cant see us signing anyone to be honest. I'd rather sign someone totally left field than some of sh1te out there. If we were going on goals alone Kane Hemmings would be a target
    Sorry Ponty redit rong Thort tha'd put Mike Turner ( the postman ) can tha rememba him ?

Who's Ike Turner ? Tina's son ? Simply the Best.

Wake me up before you Ugbo--Wham
    Last edited by SBRed48; 20-07-2017 at 04:48 PM.

Last season we had the snake , Bradshaw , Armstrong. Payne with an option to use Watkins if we wanted to .

The Snake always started the games , he was hardly ever rested which left Hecky with 4 options to partner him with .

Hecky swapped them around as and when he needed to and he got it right more times than he didn't .

Now if we assume Bradshaw is our premier striker now he's only got Payne to partner him and an 18 year old kid from Chelsea who won't go the full 90'minutes and will not be able to play 3 consecutive games as things stand tonight .

Hecky needs to bring in at least 3 strikers in my opinion , right now there are big question marks as to the relative ability of both Bradshaw and Payne to deliver a prosperous partnership , both have much to prove and this is from a position of having the benefit of 12 months behind them at the club , I'm not even going to factor in the Chelsea lad , anything he contributes will be a bonus in my opinion .

I've stated before we need to be scoring at least 60 goals to give ourselves a realistic chance of being competitive .

Half of which need to come from the strikers , 20 from midfield and 10 from penalties and the back 4 .

Happy clap to your hearts content about Payne and the young kid and I notice not many are predicting Bradshaw to deliver the snakes numbers either but we are going to have a massive problem if the quality isn't right up top with any incoming strikers .

I'm going with a workable defence rather than an Arsenalesque back 4 , that too is questionable .

1-0 up away from home closing a game out , no me neither , we are going to have to score 2 to 3 goals a game to pick points up .

I have us down to have conceded 46 already at a goal per game ratio .

The more the goals conceded heads towards 60 whilst the goals scored moves backwards then the more we struggle to keep our heads above water .

Laid bare it looks a massive ask , these are the stats that will define our season .

The incoming strikers had better have goals in them or it's going to be an incredibly difficult season and the back 4 must be workable as a minimum .

All of which is put together as a squad with no experience of football at this level , in many cases not even close , the inconsistency of young players is also a factor .

This isn't meant to be a pessimistic post , I've attempted to put some science behind our plans this season .

I prefer to go this way than Pele played in the 58 world cup at 17 years old , a development football scoring record and I think Payne will come good sound bites , with all due respect .
    Last edited by animallittle3; 20-07-2017 at 05:21 PM.

Arr did golf gu SB ? Thort a saw thi at burkedale this aft !! Allus mek shoor thas a good follathru tho it's gerrin activ ageeun darn Arndhill am not gerrin involved in that mullarkey ageeun 3 ale Mary's tunneet fo mi , enjoy yer sens ont gold coast , sithi sooin ,

Animal stats dont account for the 11 v 11 on the day and are based upon past results.

Quote Originally Posted by Ponte_Steve24 View Post
    Animal stats dont account for the 11 v 11 on the day and are based upon past results.
    Well you can overplay most stats and they add up to a fistful of feck all steve , possession is one such stat thst doesn't mean anything .

But goals scored and conceded do , now I've tried to be realistic with my assessment and my aim was to make a case of how we can stay in the division .

All things considered my assessment of 60 goals minimum looks about right , to score less and have a decent season requires a rock solid defence , a defence that concedes around 30 to 40 goals over the season , even with Roberts , Mawson , Macdonald , Bree and Yiadom that never looked on last season , that looks even less likely today if we are realistic mate .

To have a good season we either have to be fairly free scoring as pre xmas last season or very solid at the back with a good bunch of 1-0 wins .

I don't see it mate with a new young team tasked with stepping up several levels .

I'll wait and see who else comes in. No point making assessments until Hecky says he's got his full squad . They'll be more to come

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast