+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Chicarito

Bony ??????

He'd do for me, like. Think his wages would be a problem, though.

Lost his way a bit of late , but he was an absolute animal for Swansea .I'd be happy with him and Big A....

But I do really like Gayle , he gets it

It is no good wishing the likes of Chicorito were coming here,he is a small fox in the box the same as Gayle,what we are short of up front is a big goal scoring target man who can take advantage of crosses.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    He'd do for me, like. Think his wages would be a problem, though.
    What sort of wage is he on now. If it wasn't too high, having a top front man like that would be worth a bit extra and I think he's the sort of player to come back to his old form if he was here.

I think he would get twice as many goals as Gayle. They may be the same type of player, but they're not actually the same player.

Gayle though deserves a chance to show what he can do, especially after his contributions last season.

Chicorito reportedly going to be on £140,000 per week at West Ham,Autonovitch on £100,000 per week.
    It depends on how other players react,they could end up with a broken dressing room.
    There is a lot to be said for team spirit,Wimbledon in the 80s and 90s were on peanuts but could beat anyone on their day including Liverpool in the Cup Final.

So many of the top sides are sitting on quality forwards who are unlikely to play regular football next season:

Chelsea:
    Michy Batshuayi
    Loic Remy

Arsenal:
    Theo Walcott
    Danny Welbeck

Man City:
    Wilfried Bony

Man Utd:
    Marcus Rashford

Liverpool:
    Daniel Sturridge
    Danny Ings
    (possibly) Divock Origi

We're miles behind most PL clubs in both quality and depth up front at the moment - should really be pushing to get one of the above in on loan.

Quote Originally Posted by sherwoodmag View Post
    Chicorito reportedly going to be on £140,000 per week at West Ham,Autonovitch on £100,000 per week.
    It depends on how other players react,they could end up with a broken dressing room.
    There is a lot to be said for team spirit,Wimbledon in the 80s and 90s were on peanuts but could beat anyone on their day including Liverpool in the Cup Final.
    The other option is to try and loan in a player - that way the wage thing is taken off the table with the other players (it's not set by the club, it's only temporary, perhaps the club only pay a portion of it etc.)

Remy has left Chelski i think?

But agree with your point Andy.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)