+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: O/T taxes well spent

Since Theresa May became home secretary in 2010 to now the number of police officers has fallen by 21,500.

My Nan got burgled twice in May no police even came out when I asked why it's not a priority case because of a lack of resources.

Ferking unbelievable.

Quote Originally Posted by Yak View Post
    Since Theresa May became home secretary in 2010 to now the number of police officers has fallen by 21,500.

My Nan got burgled twice in May no police even came out when I asked why it's not a priority case because of a lack of resources.

Ferking unbelievable.
    Shocking, just shocking, not only the fact that your nan's been burgled twice, but the fact that no one went to see her, for me that's a major part of a police officer's job, connecting with the public, how can anyone expect to gain respect when this is the case. I've talked to others about this, just getting a crime number, etc etc, something has to be done, surely.

I'm not blaming the police force per se, but let's get back to basics eh, stop ****in about with motorists and take the robbers off the streets.

The tories laugh in their caviar...they can do just about what they want and still get voted in...its all daylight robbery.. and legal, because they make it legal and some people cant see through it all..theyre not bothered about the country or its people..only themselves who can afford to be in the club..youve got have proper money to be a proper tory, some people on here are brainwashed into thinking they belong..no names mentioned..

Ferking unbelievable.
    It is unbelievable.

I'm all for making the case against austerity, but it has to be made on facts.

Surely there is more to this than presented? They didn't come out immediately perhaps?

I just cannot imagine the police were properly informed and didn't even make a visit once, let alone twice?

People talk about facts like they are all posted by holy men who never tell a lie. There is so much BS from MPs if it was visible London would be sky high in ****. I'm not just talking about Torys they all do it, but what sickens me about the Tory party is they use their money to spread the BS as far as it can go. I'm sorry but I do not think the media in any form should get involved in politics, you know what I mean I'm talking about smut papers like the sun who when no political agender is available decide to have news about which celeb has got her boobs out or who is showing her/his ass this week.

I have always been a neutral voter I won't ever blindly follow one party.
    My hate is not to Torys they are just doing what they think is best no matter how wrong I think it is. No my hate is to the scummy media who attempt to brainwash us into voting for who they want us to vote for and the pathetic thing about it, is it actually works on some people.

Quote Originally Posted by John2 View Post
    It is unbelievable.

I'm all for making the case against austerity, but it has to be made on facts.

Surely there is more to this than presented? They didn't come out immediately perhaps?

I just cannot imagine the police were properly informed and didn't even make a visit once, let alone twice?
    John.

I can assure you both times they were informed and my nan was given a crime reference number.
    Never came out.

Because you don't believe it doesn't mean it didn't happen or are you saying I've made this up?

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Austerity is an ideology invented by the tories to suppress the majority of people's pay and services in return for handing the 1% the proceeds .

It's neither clever or camouflaged and yet it has a significant number of the electorate tricked into thinking the tories are the sensible party with the nations revenue .

One look at their borrowing record dismisses that straight away but none the less the confidence trick still finds enough buffoons to vote for them .

Since they came back to power in 2010 never has it become more apparent as to who they represent and what they are , it's all out there and easily researched .

Give people more at the bottom and they will spend it , spending drives the economy , brings in more tax revenue and creates more jobs , rocket science it isn't .

I've come to the conclusion that if a posh bloke with an oxbridge accent took money out of your pocket and told you he was giving it to Philip Green asignificant number of people would shake his hand and thank him .

How else can you explain it ?
    The way I would explain it is. Austerity is not an ideology its a requirement. I'm sure you would agree that paying billions in debt repayments is not sensible so we have to reduce it.

Currently we have a deficit of 50 billion ish, that is the money the govt spends over and about what it receives from taxes etc. This as reduced from 150 billion in 2010. The national debt can't be reduced until the deficit is eliminated, so getting the income/expenditure of the govt to at least balance has to be the priority. The quickest way to reduce the deficit is to pare back on the things the govt pays out on, thats why public pay is limited and some benefits are frozen. To make the same reductions to the deficit would require massive rises in tax which would damage the economy much more.

The alternative to austerity is to borrow and spend, if this was such a good idea why wouldn't the nasty Tories do it and become the nice Tories ? because it doesn't work. Herr Hitler tried it in the thirties and when the money ran out he had to invade other countries. Greece didn't control its deficit and became a basket case, slashing pension payments and only paying public workers sporadically.

So animallittle I hope this will explain why austerity is not an ideology.

Come on you Reds

John.

I can assure you both times they were informed and my nan was given a crime reference number.
    Never came out.

Because you don't believe it doesn't mean it didn't happen or are you saying I've made this up?
    I'm saying I wonder if there is more context to the story.

Was the house turned upside down? Was a gnome taken from the garden? Did the police try to visit and she was out?

Perhaps I just underestimate how bad policing has become.

Quote Originally Posted by Slimchance View Post
    The way I would explain it is. Austerity is not an ideology its a requirement. I'm sure you would agree that paying billions in debt repayments is not sensible so we have to reduce it.

Currently we have a deficit of 50 billion ish, that is the money the govt spends over and about what it receives from taxes etc. This as reduced from 150 billion in 2010. The national debt can't be reduced until the deficit is eliminated, so getting the income/expenditure of the govt to at least balance has to be the priority. The quickest way to reduce the deficit is to pare back on the things the govt pays out on, thats why public pay is limited and some benefits are frozen. To make the same reductions to the deficit would require massive rises in tax which would damage the economy much more.

The alternative to austerity is to borrow and spend, if this was such a good idea why wouldn't the nasty Tories do it and become the nice Tories ? because it doesn't work. Herr Hitler tried it in the thirties and when the money ran out he had to invade other countries. Greece didn't control its deficit and became a basket case, slashing pension payments and only paying public workers sporadically.

So animallittle I hope this will explain why austerity is not an ideology.

Come on you Reds

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...-working-class

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    The Guardian extract does point out that the IMF has advised some countries to relax their aggressive austerity plans, but UK plc was NOT one of them.

You can't spend your way out of a financial crisis and the IMF will agree

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast