+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: O/T taxes well spent

This debt left by the labour government.

It always baffles me that this is always refered to as the reason for the austerity. I may be wrong but almost every child now in the UK goes to a new or modernised school. Most people who go into hospitals do so into new or modernised hospitals. Both of these projects were taken up and were long overdue but they were done by the labour party.

What everyone seems to forget that billions of pounds of public money was given to the banking sector to bail them out.

Now one of them big spending efforts will be for the benefit of everyone in the UK Everyone in the UK no matter what age will have used the schooling and hospitals at some point in their lives.

The other was spent on propping up a sector that has gambled on stupid risks, fiddled interst rates that effect us all and have been vastly over paid in bonuses that created the culture of stupidity.

Quantitive easing was brought in by the UK which allowed the Bank Of England to print money which in turn devalued everything in Britian. The only way the government could get this money into the economy is through the banking sector. The very same banking sector that were told by the same government that they were now legally abliged to hold a percentage of their turnover.
    The quantive easing hasn't really helped the small businesses and the likes as the banks have built up their reserves using it.

The devaluation of the pound through quantitive easing will have hurt the very rich as they will have lost billions because of it. They just want back what they have lost.

Quote Originally Posted by Slimchance View Post
    The Guardian extract does point out that the IMF has advised some countries to relax their aggressive austerity plans, but UK plc was NOT one of them.

You can't spend your way out of a financial crisis and the IMF will agree

Teresa May " can you vote for us in parliament please as I'm so out of touch I've foolishly lost my majority .

Arlene Foster " hmm , cost you £1.5bn

Teresa May " luckily I've got a magic money tree in the garden of number 10 , I'll give it a shake , it always drops millions and millions of pounds when we tories need it .

Nurse " we need a pay rise , I'm having to use foodbanks to make ends meet "

Teresa May " im sorry we don't have a magic money tree for public services "

Nuff said .

Quote Originally Posted by frogmiller View Post

What everyone seems to forget that billions of pounds of public money was given to the banking sector to bail them out.
    And now a lot of them banks are packing up and moving to EU 😂

Quote Originally Posted by Silly-miller View Post
    And now a lot of them banks are packing up and moving to EU 😂
    I take it the rats will settle their debts to the UK taxpayer before they desert the sinking ship that they contributed to sink .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Teresa May " can you vote for us in parliament please as I'm so out of touch I've foolishly lost my majority .

Arlene Foster " hmm , cost you £1.5bn

Teresa May " luckily I've got a magic money tree in the garden of number 10 , I'll give it a shake , it always drops millions and millions of pounds when we tories need it .

Nurse " we need a pay rise , I'm having to use foodbanks to make ends meet "

Teresa May " im sorry we don't have a magic money tree for public services "

Nuff said .
    £1.5bn is money well spent to keep Corbyns hands out of the treasury coffers.

Why's that?

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    I take it the rats will settle their debts to the UK taxpayer before they desert the sinking ship that they contributed to sink .
    No chance of that mate

Personally I'm keeping an eye out for my bank to see if it jumps ship then I will move my money. Wouldn't trust a overseas bank.

Quote Originally Posted by Silly-miller View Post
    No chance of that mate

Personally I'm keeping an eye out for my bank to see if it jumps ship then I will move my money. Wouldn't trust a overseas bank.
    Oh the irony...

Quote Originally Posted by millmoormagic View Post
    Oh the irony...
    It seems we owe 75% of the national debt to ourselves .

Kind of makes austerity even more of a scam .

http://www.economicshelp.org/blog/40...-owe-money-to/

Which is why the capitalism of today and democracy can never work together as one entity .

Capitalism exists to create profit and over many years it's demonstrated that it will jump into bed , appease or form coalition's with any amount of dictators , war mongers and human rights deniers just as long as it serves its end .

The recent deal with the DUP is a classic example of looking the other way in order to keep hold of the power that lines the pockets of a handful of extremely wealthy and it seems powerful people over the mass majority .

Democracy is meant to act as a regulater to ensure best practice and a level playing field .

Clearly the £1.5bn of taxpayers money paid out to keep Corbyn out and a shift to less at the top but more at the bottom practice is a price that sits comfortable with you .

You should do some research on the DUP , how they are funded , their links to para militaries and how they view the catholic population of NI and ask yourself is that a price worth paying just to keep business open as usual for the few and not the many .

I'd be interested to read your response .

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast