+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Daryl murphy

Daryl murphy

35 years old and worth 2m?

Moving to forest apperently,, and to think they mocked us for spending the same on a 30 year old huddlestone.

Lol

£2m for a 34yr old who is on the verge of retirement and past his best and is overpriced, I pay at least £500,000 to £1m max for him.

It was an odd move to Newcastle, but would not pay a dime for him now, still a sign of the times, Forest flog a good player and spunk the money on a has been!

His wages are massive aswell

Back in 2014-15 we were linked with him as back up to martin, i think 1m was the price being touted, and i laughed as he was 32 back then and hardly a decent back up option, plan a would become plan a.2 ffs

But newcastle paid 5m for him as a bench warmer,, and forest pay 2m for him as a bench warmer?

Football is lost atm

Not too excited about him tbh. If can get 15 goals then I'd satisfied. But that's a big IF

I thought Notts Forest were skint, or actually even in debt!! So how can they afford to and be allowed to spend this £2 mill on Murphy ?

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    I thought Notts Forest were skint, or actually even in debt!! So how can they afford to and be allowed to spend this £2 mill on Murphy ?
    Acido, new owners and £15M (reportedly) I am told it was more for BA
    Others have been pushed out the door.
    Expect another 2 0r 3 in the door inside the next fortnight

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    Acido, new owners and £15M (reportedly) I am told it was more for BA
    Others have been pushed out the door.
    Expect another 2 0r 3 in the door inside the next fortnight
    Ohh well, is it true though that you were struggling financially before the new owners came in ?
    New owners and a lot of cash on the hip is one thing, but spending it wisely is another altogether lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Ohh well, is it true though that you were struggling financially before the new owners came in ?
    New owners and a lot of cash on the hip is one thing, but spending it wisely is another altogether lol.
    I do not disagree.
    We have had our fair share of basket case spenders.
    But this guy has come in, re structured us and put in place a very good back room staff. He sits in the back ground and lets the football people do their stuff.
    Something Doughty and Fawaz did not do.
    He has promised backing and immediately said, the BA money is for reinvestment.
    The academy is being upgraded as well. It has become our conveyor belt lately.
    £13m for Burke with 26 appearances, mostly sub was not to be sniffed at

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    I do not disagree.
    We have had our fair share of basket case spenders.
    But this guy has come in, re structured us and put in place a very good back room staff. He sits in the back ground and lets the football people do their stuff.
    Something Doughty and Fawaz did not do.
    He has promised backing and immediately said, the BA money is for reinvestment.
    The academy is being upgraded as well. It has become our conveyor belt lately.
    £13m for Burke with 26 appearances, mostly sub was not to be sniffed at
    My memory fails me, how long is your unbeaten run?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)