+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: What about some pay if you play contracts.

What about some pay if you play contracts.

I see StevenTaylor as been released by Ipswich,a good sold pro c/h he as had a bad injury a year ago but as played since, a lot of experience played well for Newcastle perhaps a centre half we should be looking at if he does not get any firm offers from other clubs.Worth a punt on pay if you play contract with options if he proved him self.Sorry looks like hes at Doncaster having trials
    Last edited by Lolmorgan; 20-07-2017 at 08:19 PM.

The players are too greedy to go for that.

This is what gets me about contracts: players are on a fixed contract and can't be got rid of unless they are paid off which is at the managers discretion (I think I spelt that right)

However more and more managers are ether being sacked, left by mutual consent or left on their own accord like aladyce. Why does it seem that managers have more freedom than players?

It's the footballers equivalent of a zero hours contract. Don't agree with them on any level.

Anyway I don't think it's fair for the player or the club.

Not fair on the player for obvious reasons and not fair on the club because the player can walk away at any time, suppose he scores a hat trick at Fleetwood, he'd be poached by Sunday leaving us high and dry.

One season minimum wage with high appearance bonus. Trouble is would a player/agent accept it, I wouldn't.

Quote Originally Posted by loyalmiller View Post
    It's the footballers equivalent of a zero hours contract. Don't agree with them on any level.

Anyway I don't think it's fair for the player or the club.

Not fair on the player for obvious reasons and not fair on the club because the player can walk away at any time, suppose he scores a hat trick at Fleetwood, he'd be poached by Sunday leaving us high and dry.
    It is illegal to boil people!