+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Apollon Limassol - Roll Call, Match Thread etc.

Quote Originally Posted by irnbru1903 View Post
    Well a win but a game that showed all our usual frailties. Very suspect defensively and in all honesty not really having too many clear cut chances. We deserved the win but have again made it very difficult for ourselves.

Still looking for a decent centre half or left back and a striker that can actually score when Rooney is off form or out.
    That's the spirit!!!

For our 3rd competitive game of the season, i thought we were decent. Caused them plenty of problems in the first half.

If their boy got sent off in the first half (as he should of) we would of pumped them.

they are a good team, no gaurentees we are through, but we have something to hold on to, and we are capable of scoring over there

cant wait for next week!

Quote Originally Posted by irnbru1903 View Post
    Well a win but a game that showed all our usual frailties. Very suspect defensively and in all honesty not really having too many clear cut chances. We deserved the win but have again made it very difficult for ourselves.

Still looking for a decent centre half or left back and a striker that can actually score when Rooney is off form or out.
    We definitely need another striker. Someone good with the ball at his feet and is mobile. Thought Maynard did good off the ball work tonight but is still completely dependent on the ball from the final third. Would like to see a player that can beat the final man with the ball and get one off. Easier said than done of course. I thought Christies support play was a joy to watch tonight. He's some wee player.

There seems to be a lull that kicks in in all our big euro games. We invited Maribor last year and again we let Limassol push back into the game. The sending off was timely as I saw them maybe squeaking another one.

Well played overall though by Aberdeen. A mobile left back is definitely on the wish list surely?

Quote Originally Posted by NewOrleansRed View Post
    We definitely need another striker. Someone good with the ball at his feet and is mobile. Thought Maynard did good off the ball work tonight but is still completely dependent on the ball from the final third. Would like to see a player that can beat the final man with the ball and get one off. Easier said than done of course. I thought Christies support play was a joy to watch tonight. He's some wee player.

There seems to be a lull that kicks in in all our big euro games. We invited Maribor last year and again we let Limassol push back into the game. The sending off was timely as I saw them maybe squeaking another one.

Well played overall though by Aberdeen. A mobile left back is definitely on the wish list surely?
    Christie is absolute kwality, and if he's not in Strachan's next squad, then its a disgrace. He reminds me on Gareth Bale in spells, especially when he moved to left mid when GMS went off. I don't know how much dough Del has left but I'd be throwing it at Celtic to try and get him here on a permanant deal. Any more performances like tonight and he'll be starring for Celtic next season, he's already better than anything they have in midfield right now.

Maynard? I'll give him the benefit of the doubt!

How many foul throws in the first half?

McLean? Must, and can, do better.

Stockley? What a ****ing miss at the end.

GMS/Stewart? Very encouraging. That first 25 mins, as a team we were immense.

Captain Shinnie? On a knife edge after that diabolical booking, and what a 'king goal.

Good to see Arnie back and him and Tony O'Connor did well together, although I think we will go 3 at the back next week

All in all, a really enjoyable evening. They are a good team but we can score out there, despite the fact we don't have a decent striker
    Last edited by Feck_the_Huns; 27-07-2017 at 09:36 PM.

Harsh on Stockley. There was no pace on the ball and trying to get power enough to trouble the 'keeper from 8 yards out through exerting the neck muscles alone is extremely difficult.

Just Back .....

Good to see the old place full for a Euro night like that.

We played some good stuff, especially first half. After HT it seemed we didn't know whether to stick or twist and let them on top for a while. Peach of a strike from Shinnie. Deserved the win.

Handy that the Apollon number 5 was sent off and misses next week. He was their attack-dog in midfield that broke things up. Decent side, but eminently beatable over there. Need to keep their left back that scored the goal under control - good player.

6:00 pm next Thursday at Key West it is ..... COYR!

Did anyone notice the closeness of the 29 ties? Only 5 of them had a team with more than a one goal advantage. 4 ties had a team leading by two goals going into the 2nd leg & only one team had a 3 goal advantage. Well matched ties right enough.

Decent enough in the end, some good football at times.
    Christie and Shinnie were very good.

Its a long time since I stood for a whole game at Pittodrie, like the old days.
    Weird being in the away end , last time I remember being in that part o the ground big Joe Smith scored a cracker against the Huns in the 70s.
    Similar to Shinnies the night.

Great game, great weather and topped off with a quick chat with Johnny hayes in the petrol station on the way hame. Night only soured by my f#@$ING steak pie being stuck to the blooming tin foil. Does my fecking heed in. Why do the need to cook them in those blooming things.
    Anyway, more than capable of scoring across there. Coyr

Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post
    Harsh on Stockley. There was no pace on the ball and trying to get power enough to trouble the 'keeper from 8 yards out through exerting the neck muscles alone is extremely difficult.
    Was it? Okay, hairy muff, I was up the other end, reminded me, albeit it from a distance, of that sitter he missed v Celtic at the Merkie last season

We are still in the driving seat. Good to see Todders so full
    Captain Shinnie inspirational. At last we have a leader on the park
    Everyone played their socks off
    Only worry for me is Big Andy and Mark R, they never look conformable on the ball but fair play bags of errort

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast